What's new

Epson 8700 UB (1 Viewer)

mmajors

Auditioning
Real Name
mike majors
i have a new dedicated media room - no windows and walls and ceiling are beige. room is 18' by 14'. Wanting to use the epson 8700UB - any advice on what screen to get. Also, any advice on Definitive Technology versus Martin Logans? Total home thater budget is about $8500. Thanks.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
huge number of options. what size of screen do you want ? Will you always be watching with no ambient lighting ? I have always really liked SVSound speakers (if you are on a budget). If you have no budget, then I recommend looking at Atlantic Technology stuff.

mmajors

Auditioning
Real Name
mike majors
Most of the time I'll watch movies with no ambient light but I imagine we'll watch sports some with the door open so there could be some ambient light. I'm looking at 100 or 106" screens. Speaker budget is about $3000-$3500.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
cool, at that size of screen you will have a nice image brightness (some people seem to think they can do 120 plus inches). Carada, makes some decent stuff that is not unreasonably priced. Get the neutral white, with a bit of gain. Lots of speaker options. for online: Axiom, or SVSound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks