1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Epson 5040 Crosstalk Issues

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Bob Furmanek, Dec 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

Bob
    I've recently replaced my Epson 5030 with the 5040 as I wanted the auto lens features. I'm happy with that upgrade but am quite disappointed with increased levels of crosstalk. While I would very rarely see it on the 5030 during extreme contrast differences, it's much more common on the 5040.

I called Epson and a tech representative told me there was no change whatsoever on the 3-D specs between the two projectors. But - something is different to be causing this issue. The 3-D image has been properly calibrated and I'm using the official Epson RF glasses.

Anyone else experience this issue?

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Bob - you should re-post this under the "Displays" forum.

3. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Mr. Furmanek, I just got the 5040UB, and a search turned up this thread. Did you ever resolve your issues? My experience is that the 3D on this projector is nearly flawless. Perfect cancellation. The first 3D movie I watched on it is September Storm. I find that using the Cinema 3D setting with the lamp in high mode gives a very pleasing brightness level. I bought the four pack ValueView 3D glasses from Dimensional Optics rather than the more expensive Epson glasses. One pair of the ValueView glasses was defective in that they didn't completely cancel out the opposite eye images. Dimensional Optics sent me a replacement pair at no cost.