What's new

Epson 5040 Crosstalk Issues (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I've recently replaced my Epson 5030 with the 5040 as I wanted the auto lens features. I'm happy with that upgrade but am quite disappointed with increased levels of crosstalk. While I would very rarely see it on the 5030 during extreme contrast differences, it's much more common on the 5040.

I called Epson and a tech representative told me there was no change whatsoever on the 3-D specs between the two projectors. But - something is different to be causing this issue. The 3-D image has been properly calibrated and I'm using the official Epson RF glasses.

Anyone else experience this issue?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Mr. Furmanek, I just got the 5040UB, and a search turned up this thread. Did you ever resolve your issues? My experience is that the 3D on this projector is nearly flawless. Perfect cancellation. The first 3D movie I watched on it is September Storm. I find that using the Cinema 3D setting with the lamp in high mode gives a very pleasing brightness level. I bought the four pack ValueView 3D glasses from Dimensional Optics rather than the more expensive Epson glasses. One pair of the ValueView glasses was defective in that they didn't completely cancel out the opposite eye images. Dimensional Optics sent me a replacement pair at no cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks