What's new

Epson 2250 Home Cinema - Lens Shift issue (1 Viewer)

Asthenis

Auditioning
Real Name
Raphael
Hello Everyone,

I have to use my projector on the side of our sofa and use the lens shift and calibration to center the frame in our wall,
the image looks Great but I have a wierd angled dark grey frame with might correspond to the non corrected image as a 'ghost image' around the video signal.

I played with brightness and image parameters but this won't solve the issue, is there a way to get rid of this weird frame or this is a normal artifact given the lens shift ?

Attachments

• home-cinema.jpg
    home-cinema.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 69
  • projection-frame1.jpg
    projection-frame1.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 64
  • projection-frame.jpg
    projection-frame.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 67

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
What you are seeing is due to the projector lens not being perpendicular to the wall. While most projectors have enough vertical lens shift to go up or down 100%, horizontal lens shift is much less, around 15-20%, definitely not enough to cover having your projector that far off center. So you have pointed the lens to the right which gives you a trapezoidal image, and then you squared it back up using keystoning. That of course is not ideal as you are losing resolution. There are two solutions to your problem. The best is to reposition the projector closer to the center, preferably mounted overhead, either on a shelf on the back wall, or mounted upside-down from the ceiling. Barring that, you can put a black felt border around the screen which will hide the keystoning overshoot.

Last edited:

Asthenis

Auditioning
Real Name
Raphael
Thanks Very much for your answer, making totally sense... I will definitely consider the Shelf in the Center, I have been using the vertical bookshelf by default as we have a tall one next to our sofa, but I agree that having the projector closer to the center will help.
I was wondering why we have this 'artefact' , now this confirms my thoughts! thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks