Epox Mobo, AMD XP Processor, PC Powercooling Fan

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Maskeeper, May 26, 2002.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Mobo, Processor and Fan package. All bought new at the end of 2001!
    EPOX EP-8KHA+
    Purchased new 6 months ago, include boxes, manuals, discs, cables, everything.
    VIA Apollo KT266A Chipset
    Accepts DDRAM (3 DDR Slots)
    1X / 2X / 4X AGP Slot,
    6 PCI Slots
    Support ATA 33/66/100
    Onboard Sound
    http://www.epox.com/html/english/pro...d/ep-8kha+.htm
    [​IMG]
    AMD Socket A 1600+ Athlon XP Chip
    1.40GHz
    256K Cache
    266MHz BUS
    PC Power and Cooling CPU-Cool AG
    extruded aluminum heatsink
    30dB(A weighted) ultra-quiet processor fan
    5 year warranty
    Prcoessor is Mounted, board is tested [working in my HT right now], ready to rock. Guaranteed non-DOA.
    Selling because I built this machine as a HTPC- however have had hardware problems with Maudio 2496 card- and everyone on AVS keeps telling me it is due to VIA incompatibility. Looks like I'm going to Intel, so someone gets this smoking machine.
    I paid over $200 plus shipping for this stuff a little over 7 months ago, and if you check Pricewatch you'll pay $200 new today. Will take $150 shipped/insured (I will have to pay more for just the Prcoessor to go to intel!)! Processor, Board and top of the line cooling- cheap.
    -Vince

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Sale Pending.

3. brian a

brian a Second Unit

Maybe it's a hit or miss thing, but I'm using a KT266A with the MAudio and have had no issues in the 6 months or so I've been using it.

Looks like a great price. I wish I needed another computer right now.

4. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Great combo. I have the same thing (diffrenet Hs/Fan) running on a 146FSB clocked at 1500mhz (XP1800 speeds). I do not believe your problem is with the VIA chipset however.

5. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Well, It appears like you guys are right.

Took HTPC with VIA mbo and Maudio card to a friends house, hooked to Outlaw 1050 receiver- sync'd perfectly without a single issue. Watched 2 episodes of Twin Peaks in DTS, not a single drop out or audio artifact throughout the entire performance.

Maudio with VIA chipset seemed to pass signal the Outlaw found readily acceptible, which my Denon AVR-3300 seems to have fits with.

So, it seems that the Denon will sync to anything but the HTPC (tried other set top players, no problems) and the HTPC will sync to anything but the Denon. Ugh.

I'm thinking of ditching the Intel plan, holding onto this Mobo and dropping some bucks into a new receiver (although I really like the AVR-3300, so I might just try a new one)- as I have a hunch that this Denon is the "issue"- or more specifically that replacing it will likely be the solution.

Thanks for your thoughts

Vince