What's new

Epos M5s & M8 (1 Viewer)

Rory J.

Auditioning
Hi there, I recently purchased Epos M5s & M8 center for my evolving HT setup. My old Linn Kan IIs have been downgraded to LR surround status. A few months ago I asked my wife if she would like a new 2 channel setup of higher quality, or surround sound with about equal quality. She wanted surround sound, so the search began. As it turned out both my wife & I prefer the Epos speakers in every way to the Linns. They are open & transparent and yet are warmer than the Linns, which can be a little lean. To our surprise they seem to have higher resolution than the Linns, since we are hearing new details and can hear more pronounced sound quality differences between recordings. They throw a very wide soundstage with good depth. They mate very well with our ACI Titan 2 subwoofer. Now, for a new reciever (our HK AVR 25 mk2 is getting very long in the tooth). Our CD/DVD source is a Sony DVP-S7000. We have a rather small living room and sit within about 8 feet from the front speakers. We listen to a lot of music and concert DVDs with the occasional movie. Any advice on receivers in the $800-1200 price range to go with the Epos Ms would be appreciated. The new Epos speakers in my view represent amazing value & quality. I fell in love with the Totem Dreamcatcher system, but the Epos are a step above them.

Yousaf

Second Unit
You might want to try the H/K AVR-7200. Not only can you find some good prices on what is now their (I believe) flagship receiver, but it's amps are pretty beastly as well.

Rory J.

Auditioning
Actually the HK 630 is at or near the top of my list. I don't feel I need a ton of power and I like the updated features. I am also interested in the Arcam AVR 200. I might wait and see how the new HK DPR models turn out. I will have this receiver for a long time. I am a social worker and cannot afford to update often, so I have to make my choice count. Headphone input is a must, so, unfortunately NAD & Rotel are non-starters

Philip>L

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad you like the Epos (Eposes?). I just ordered 4 Epos ELS-3s and the complementary ELS-3C center channel. I haven't heard them, but they were cheap enough (

Rory J.

Auditioning
I have heard the els3s and I think you will find that they play way out of there league, I don't think there is a better value out there that I am aware of in new speakers. Congrats for retiring the "hoses".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks