What's new

Episode II: AOTC DVD insert? (1 Viewer)

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
But again, who's to say Lucasfilm actually pulled anything? Anyone can post a photoshopped image claiming it's official and then delete it a few hours later claiming Lucasfilm made them do it.

Ricardo H

Auditioning
El Machette here. To start off, I wouldn't get involed in a forum unless I really had something to say. So guess what, I have something to say.
I know lots of people are skeptical about the authenticity of the scans. I'm of the opinion, who gives a crap. It'll all get proven in the end, right? But, now people, not just here, are questioning the boys at LR's credibility. Which i'm not down with.
I've done some work for www.latinoreview.com before. I've sent spy pics in from a few sets. And, like other sites, they dont' go out and dig this stuff up, it gets sent in. You can check out some of my Set Reports.
Now in regards to this DVD insert scan. When the inserts were sent in, they were sent in as high res scans. About 4 MB's each! Great quality scans too, obviously. I saw them with my own eyes. Those images were downsampled as best they could with Adobe Image Ready because obviously the bandwidth issue. So what they had to do was weigh in the bandwitdh issue, and at the same time, have the text readable. That's why the images look the way they do.
So, after all that, yes, those were the genuine inserts. Latinos are everywhere. Just ask yourself, who dumps your trash at your work!?!?! You don't have to believe me. Hell, I wouldn't believe someone who didn't use their real name either! I guess all will be proven when the DVD comes out huh?

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Latinos are everywhere. Just ask yourself, who dumps your trash at your work!?!?!
Thanks for the dose of stereotypes, Machette... :thumbsdown: Some people here believe the scans are real. You could have easily made your point without a tired joke even Carlos Mencía wouldn't use.
By the way, "machete" contains only one "t."

Ricardo H

Auditioning
Yeah, you're right. I'm getting a little too pasionate about this whole thing. Sorry.

Machete was already taken, so I had to use two 't's'.

EM

Ricardo H

Auditioning
Just to clarify, I apologize whole heartedly, once and for all, honest to goodness. It was a mistake to say. It won't happen again.
EM

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I hope you're not sorry about berating his posting of 'who takes out your trash.' It shouldn't be here.
Not at all :) I was just apologizing for correcting the spelling of the word machete.
EDIT: Machette, it's all good. Thanks for apologizing, and welcome to HTF :) We could always use more Ricardos on board ;)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Tim, I'd saved the pics, but I lost most of my hard drive contents to a virus the day before yesterday :frowning:
If it helps any, the insert is modeled after the "clone army" ads used around the world. One side features the clones in a Kamino-like bluish background, with Dooku and a clonetrooper in the foreground, while the other features the clones ina Geonosis-like orange BG, with Anakin, padmé, and Yoda in front.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Seriously though, someone should post the pics. If Lucasfilm calls Parker and Ron and tells them to take them down, then we'll know we have the real deal.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Ricardo H
Welcome to HTF
Those pics look awesome and look forward to the DVD when it comes out at the end of november
:emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There is no official release date for Episode 2

Lucasfilm has made no official announcement

It's well known that it will probably be sometime in late october/november

Brenton

Screenwriter
And best sources at this point indicate November 27.

The same source that accurately predicted the release date for Back to the Future and E.T.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Ricardo - the pics are gone yet again. Could someone please post the pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks