What's new

Episode II: AOTC DVD insert? (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
"Films Are Not Released; They Escape" Sound Documentary
Now, I may be slow, but what exactly does that title mean? And what the heck has it got to do with sound? The title sounds more like a discussions of special editions and definitive versions to me.

Dennis_HT

Agent
Based on the information posted at the Digital Bits, it sounds like this insert may be close to the real deal. In any event, this disc should have some awesome sound.:emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Jeremy:
Mmm, abs.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:D

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
They must have put them back up again. They are there now. I'll save them though, and if they get taken down later, I might think about hosting them.

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I might be wrong, but after looking closely at KurtJS's zoom-in, it appears that the copyright date says that's it copyrighted 2001. Now, AOTC is a strictly 2002 movie, no matter how you look at it. But the Episode I DVD came out in 2001. Copy and paste, anyone?

News Flash c/o of The Digital Bits
Well... looks like the Ranch has weighed in on the Star Wars DVD insert scans. Lucasfilm politely asked that they be removed from the site that originally posted them, which is a surefire hint that they hit pretty close to home. Just FYI.

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
It's not necessarily a fake. I'm betting it's not the final version but the rough cut advanced copy version.
If the rumoured November release is correct, when do you think Lucasfilm will announce the dvd? They have to by late August at the latest, correct? I can't wait. I have to go catch AOTC one more time tommorow on DLP until I get the dvd.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Well if they're real I'd be surprised. I can't imagine it would just say Episode II on it like that and not have the actual Episode II logo.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know if I agree with the Bits on this one. I don't think LucasFilm asking for the scans to be taken down bolsters the cause for authenticity. If I were in charge over at LucasFilm and I saw a completely fake scan that was confusing the consumer, I'd try to get it taken down, too.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I might be wrong, but after looking closely at KurtJS's zoom-in, it appears that the copyright date says that's it copyrighted 2001. Now, AOTC is a strictly 2002 movie, no matter how you look at it. But the Episode I DVD came out in 2001. Copy and paste, anyone?
Take another look, it says 2002.

Besides even if it DID say 2001, this looks nothing like the Episode I insert, so it wouldn't be a copy and paste job, but a typo.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
If it is real, then I'll be sorely disappointed. The best thing about the TPM disc was the documentary. I hate short featurettes. They make for a disjointed and unsatisfying exsperience. Give me more docs like the FRIGHTENERS 4-hour spectacular!

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Well if they're real I'd be surprised. I can't imagine it would just say Episode II on it like that and not have the actual Episode II logo.
The logos for the video and DVD releases are different than the cinema release - that's another reason why I think this isn't the actual insert. they have the Star Wars logo printed over a Roman Numeral with the title of the film below.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I don't know if I agree with the Bits on this one. I don't think LucasFilm asking for the scans to be taken down bolsters the cause for authenticity. If I were in charge over at LucasFilm and I saw a completely fake scan that was confusing the consumer, I'd try to get it taken down, too.
I've been following Episode II spy reports for the past two and a half years. I'm familiar enough with Lucasfilm's track record in taking things down to say that this is definately the real deal. I'd bet my sandwich on it.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
Can anyone verify that Lucasfilm actually requested that the images be removed, or could the folks at LatinoReview just be BSing us some more? I didn't even get to see the images, but it seems plausible enough that - if they were in on any possible haux in the first place - they could have been surprised at the amount of bandwidth getting consumed by tons of eager Star Wars fans (according to this very thread some people had trouble accessing the images before they were actually removed from the site), necessitating the removal of the images, and an excuse as to why. The ol' "Lucasfilm told us to" line provides an excuse and makes them appear to be "right" at the same time.
Cynical? Me? :D

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
First off, I agree with Pete_S.

What I don't understand is that across the internet "everyone" is convinced that the documentary on the DVD is going to be called "The Middle".

Where was this originated?

The working title for Ep. I was "The Beginning" that's where they came up with that. Does anyone have a clue where this rumor was started?

Brenton

Screenwriter
Like I said earlier in this thread, some uncreative and unoriginal fanboy dreamed up the title "The Middle", and all of the gullible other fanboys latched onto it like leaches.

And like I said before, if there was a Beginning-style doc on this disc, it wouldn't be called "The Middle" because Episode II is NOT the middle. 3.5 is halfway between 1 and 6 and this is not Episode III.V

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
To be fair, Latino Review has gotten early scoops before. A remember a few times when they would get PR stills for films up to 2 weeks before they started filtering down from the studios. Not saying this is the real deal, but Latino Review have a fairly decent track record and as Benton said, Lucasfilm doesn't usually pull stuff unless it's the real deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks