What's new

Episode II: AOTC DVD insert? (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Kurt;

I agree with you that these images are certainly fakes, but I have to ask what you're illustrating with the zoomed-in image.

The only thing I notice about it is that there's a lot of "mosquito noise" around the letters — this is just an artifact of the JPEG compression, and would show up whether the text was "pasted in" or not.

Or is there something else I'm missing?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Look at the listing for Chapter 47:

"Well Done, Lord Tyranus."

The actual line in the film is "Welcome home, Lord Tyranus."

And where is Obi-Wan in the insert art?

It's a fake.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Also, the line in the chapter stops reads "This Party Is Over" but in the movie it's "This Party's Over"..

Just a minor thing but seems clear to me its just some guys creation.

Brenton

Screenwriter
"Across the Stars" wasn't just written for the music video, the music video was a compilation of music from the movie, not just that song.
Contrary to popular belief, "Across the Stars" is NOT the name of the love theme. According to the soundtrack, it is called "Love Theme from Attack of the Clones". "Across the Stars" IS the compilation that Williams put together specifically for the Across the Stars music video.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Ok, I was finally able to download the insert. And I must say, if this is real, I'm excited! This totally beats what we got for Episode I, with or without a one hour documentary!
Anyway, if this is real, all these cool new documentaries would take up space that a one-hour documentary would need. But if they're as good as they sound, it's justifiable.
I can't wait! It should be any day before we get a formal announcment from Lucasfilm. Keep your eyes on Starwars.com!

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
It's fake, I'm really sure it is. Why would this site get the scans??? Why not a popular site like TFN or Bits?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Considering the disc is rumored to be released before the end of the year now is about the time that details should be coming out. If the studio was intentionally releasing this info to the public then they would have chosen a better known forum than latinoreview.com but if some janitor saw it on his bosses desk while cleaning up this is where it would turn up.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I beleive it's fake. I only just looked now that Digitalbits put the information out. I clicked on this thread yesterday, saw the link URL, and figured it was fake then.

Looking at the images, I really feel that some of the wording on the features is awkward. Particularly on the R2-D2 trailer. The headline says the trailer is included, but the text seems to describe the whole mockumentary. I also don't buy the break in the chapter list, nor the lineup of light sabers that causes the break. The lineup looks closer to the alterred images of Braveheart we saw in the false trailer some time ago.

I don't beleive it.

I do suspect specs will be released when AOTC hits second run theaters, or soon thereafter. At latest by September 1.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Another point that makes it potentially fake, look at Chapter 48, the quote there is "Begun the clone war has". The actual quote is "Begun this clone war has".

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
Actually, I believe the line IS "Begun the clone war has" in the movie. In the trailer, it was a little different, "Begun THIS clone war has".

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
I also don't buy the break in the chapter list, nor the lineup of light sabers that causes the break. The lineup looks closer to the alterred images of Braveheart we saw in the false trailer some time ago.
That line of lightsabers is official artwork used on international posters and Starwars.com:

Brenton

Screenwriter
For those who can't download it, here's the text:
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR EPISODE II DVD
with these special features.
Feature-Length Audio Commentary
The filmmakers give you insight into the three-year process that went into the creation of Episode II. Hear from: writer/director George Lucas, producer Rick McCallum, picture editor and sound designer Ben Burtt, ILM animation director Rob Coleman and ILM visual effects supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow.
Exclusive Deleted Scenes with Introduction
View eight exclusive sequences that were created just for this video release. George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt explain why these scenes didn't make it into the final cut.
"From Puppets to Pixels: Digital Characters in Episode II" Documentary Film
The Episode II Documentary Crew continues its coverage of the Star Wars prequels as you receive an exclusive look at the creation of digital characters in Episode II. Journey inside Lucasfilm's Art Department and through the halls of Industrial Light & Magic as digital artists bring to life old and new favorites from the Star Wars saga. "From Puppets to Pixels" focuses on the artistry in front of and behind the camera as you witness the development of the Kaminoans, Dexter Jettster and digital stunt doubles. But nothing compares to the extraordinary look at how ILM transformed Yoda into a living breathing lightsaber wielding Jedi Master.
"State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II"
Witness the vital role the animatics team played in the production of Episode II. Discover how their new filmmaking techniques help George Lucas and crew operate in a completely digital world. From concept drawings and storyboards to digital animatics, the previsualization team provided the filmmakers with the blueprints for many complex scenes including the speeder chase, droid factory and Clone War end-battle.
"Films Are Not Released; They Escape" Sound Documentary
Great movie sound doesn't just happen by accident. Picture editor and sound designer Ben Burtt and the Skywalker Sound team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II. Learn the techniques of sound recording, sound design, Automated Dialogue Replacement, sound effects editing, foley recording and alien language creation. Discover how these individual elements are blended together to create the final mix.
Featurettes
Three mini-documentaries give you a detailed look at Attack of the Clones' storyline, action scenes and love story through behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the cast and filmmakers.
Web Documentaries
Experience the award-winning twelve-part web documentary series that originally debuted on starwars.com during the making of Attack of the Clones. Follow the production of Episode II from digital cinema and visual effects innovations to the people and palces that helped make George Lucas' vision a reality.
"Across the Stars" Music Video
"Across the Stars" is an original composition by John Williams crafted exclusively for this music video. The video features documentary footage of the scoring session with Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra as well as scenes from Attack of the Clones.
Trailers and TV Spots
Watch three theatrical teasers and the launch trailer, plus twelve TV spots (including the popular commercial, "Biggest Action Hero" featuring Yoda)
"R2-D2: Beneath the Dome" Mockumentary Trailer
This mockumentary lifts the lid of silence and explores the never-before-told history of the real star of the Star Wars saga...Artoo-Detoo. Learn about his humble beginnings, his unyielding hunger for fame, and how his determination overcame a Hollywood that had long discriminated against droids. The mockumentary features George Lucas, Samuel L. Jackson, Francis Ford Coppola and more.
Never-Before-Seen Production Photo Gallery
Go on location to Australia, Spain, Tunisia and London to get this behind-the-scenes pass to the sets of Episode II. This insider's look at the production captures George Lucas, the cast and crew of the film during the production of the film.
Episode II Visual Effects Breakdown Montage
This visual effects montage offers a glimpse of the magic behind some of ILM's 2000 effect shots produced for Episode II. Over 30 shots are broken down to demonstrate the different layers and effects needed to create each shot.
Exclusive DVD-ROM Content
Your Episode II DVD is the key that unlocks exclusive Star Wars content only available through a special DVD-ROM website. In addition, you can link to starwars.com the official Star Wars home page, and check out the daily features and updates on the continuing Star Wars saga. Plus, enjoy a fun look at news in the Star Wars galaxy leading up to the events in Attack of the Clones in the HoloNet News archive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks