What's new

Episode 1 JVC DVD player subtitle problem (1 Viewer)

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I have posted on another thread about this. All you have to do is go into the DVD Setup menu on your JVC player and turn on English Subtitles. Then they will default on.

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Joshua,
Won't that turn on all the subtitles? I believe just the alien dialect is the issue here.
Thx......Shawn :D

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Sorry for the 3 month gap in followups :).
Even though I played Episode I on my JVC D723GD many times and saw the subtitle problem, I'm now finally getting around to doing something about it. I've searched the forums and haven't seen a definitive solution to this problem. Has anyone gotten their player fixed/updated?
Mike

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They used player generated subtitles to allow the most absorbing experience possible for the greatest ammount of people... Select Spanish, and you not only get a seamlessly branched Spanish opening crawl, but PG Spanish alien subtitles with your spanish dub.
And the problem with the alien subs is, as has been mentioned, the Mediamatics chip doesn't support fade in/out subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks