What's new

Eosone and upgrade (1 Viewer)

Edwin_D

Grip
I have a pair of Eosone RSF 400 speakers as my mains, and the Eosone center channel. My question is for anyone on here who has significant experience with Eosone speakers and Paradigm.

At what point in the Paradigm lineup would I be getting a -significantly- better speaker than what I have now?

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Edwin,

What are you currently powering the Eosones with? Will that change if you upgrade speakers? I only ask because I found a night and day difference in my speakers when I switched from Rotel amps to Bryston amps. Once you have a good speaker (and Eosone is good, by the way), finding a good match in an amp will make that speaker sound even better. Most people dismiss Eosone as an average speaker because Best Buy sold them, but the reason they failed is because they were way too good a speaker for that store. Would the top of the line Paradigms sound betterthan your RSF 400's? Probably, but again, to me it would depend on what you're powering them with, and of course, it would depend on your ear, as this is such a highly subjective hobby to begin with. Paradigms are great speakers, but will any speaker in their line-up sound SIGNIFICANTLY better than Eosones? With comparably sized speakers from both companies, I'm not so sure. If you compare something from Paradigm with bigger drivers than the RSF 400's, then yes, you should hear an improvement just based on a fuller range of sound, but that's really not a fair comparison between brands. So, another question I'd ask is: Do you have a separate sub, or are you looking to get a bigger speaker capable of reproducing a fuller range?

I've got two pairs of the big RSF 1000's as my mains and rears, and they fill my room with pretty incredible sound, both with music and even moreso with movie soundtracks. I've had them in a system with Bryston and Lexicon for the last 5 years, and there's absolutely nothing I feel I'm missing out on sound wise. To me, it's not just about the speakers, but about finding the right match in equipment. I don't think you can go wrong switching over to Paradigm, I'm just suggesting you explore different methods to improving the sound of your system before writing off the Eosones.

Edwin_D

Grip
Jacinto,

Thanks for the feedback. It is encouraging to hear that you are using 1000's in a high-end system. I am currently running my RSF 400's off my Yamaha R-V1103. There is also a Cambridge Soundworks sub on the system right now, which needs to be replaced, because it is not working properly. Replacing the sub is my top HT priority right now. Eventually I would like to get an SVS, but I will probably go with a more affordable sub as an intermediate step, and that sub will eventually end up in my bedroom. The next thing I will likely replace in my HT is the receiver. I have been happy with the R-V1103, but I would like to have DTS and some of the other newer formats. I am considering going to a Yamaha HTR-5760, after hearing that the newer Yamaha receivers are a little 'warmer' in their sound. Going to separates would be much farther down the road, probably at least 2-3 years.
I would still like to hear from other Eosone owners. One difficulty in stay with Eosone long-term is that I do not have Eosone rears, so I don't have timbre-matched speakers all the way around. I have been keeping my eye on Ebay for any Eosones that might pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks