What's new

Enya - Videos DVD Release in NA (1 Viewer)

Jim

Auditioning
Today was supposedly the day that Enya's - Video Collection DVD was to be released in North America. But, no one has any stock, and there seems to be confusion about whether it has been delayed. Some of the online shops are now showing

"unknown release", etc.

The DVD has released in other regions as expected. Does anyone know anything more about when or if this will released in Region 1? Anyone have any contact to official sources to know why they chose to delay this?

Thanks,

J

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Ugh.
Could you people PLEASE post at least a brief copy of the related text? I've tried both of those links and can't come up with anything related to the Enya DVD.
Sorry for the bad attitude :) I was just thinking the other day how much I'd love to get my moon-shadows laserdisc on DVD!!!
BTW, here's what a Canadian reviewer had to say on Amazon:
Surpassing the good, but disappointing 'Moonshadows' video collection in terms of content, The Video Collection contains nearly all of Enya's music videos ever made including those on Moonshadows and even "Wild Child" and "Only Time" from her newest album. This DVD is a must buy for anyone who is a fan of Enya and her music, and is a great deal better than most DVD music video collections with all of it's features.
sounds good...hugh? Hope it's got PCM audio!!!!!!!!!!
-dave

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Here's a link. It might not work as you usually have to login to view the catalog. If it doesn't work. Just go to CNL.com then type Enya in the Search box then click Guest Account
Link removed.. didn't appear to work
Just try the long way :frowning:

David Allum

Stunt Coordinator
The word on the Enya fansite shepherdmoons.net is that the North American editions have been postponed until next year so that the producer can do a 5.1 remix, and add some new material (the yet to be seen "May It Be" video would be a good candidate).
The DVD is out in Europe and Japan and it looks good, but the audio is ordinary PCM stereo. Details can be found Link Removed.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Whoo! Does this mean I can finally ditch another LD? I've had that Enya LD lying around for years.

Mike

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
They better include that PCM track on the 5.1 DVD. I get so sick of old videos which are "remixed" for 5.1 and sound really bad (much of the new stuff going straight to 5.1 sounds awsome). In any case...they better include the original stereo as well as the new mix.

-dave

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
you can ditch it if they include the PCM sound...that is...

the pcm sound on the LD was excellent...and sounded better on many tracks than the CD version.

Hopefully we'll get the PCM versions along with the remixed 5.1 versions on DVD.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Enya = 5.1 = DROOL!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I love Enya. Cant you tell? :)

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Well, I gave up. :frowning: I bought an Apex AD1200 region free player with built in PAL to NTCS for $64 and ordered the Region 2 PAL version of this disc from Amazon UK. It's not a perfect solution, but I'm able to enjoy the music and videos now. :)
When (if?) the Region 1 disc is ever released, I'd hope it might include a stereo DVD-A track. Or at least some form of high resolution format. {fingers crossed}
Oh, and as for the disc ... I *do* love the music and videos. In my opinion, it's been worth the little bit of extra hassle. :)

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
No one at forums.enya.com knows when it will be released, and I would suspect that they would know. Some are speculating it will be released with Enya's next album, which also has no announced release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks