Enya on DVD-A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Glaeske, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Brian Glaeske

Brian Glaeske Stunt Coordinator

Why don't we get an Enya yet on DVD-A?

Enya's overstylized layered vocals and electronic gizmo music (I do like the music, but that just happens to be the best description) seem like the perfect match for a 5.1 mix.

And isn't her label EMI which is Warner right?

Brian G.

2. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

I think she's on Reprise (Warner), and Warner seems to be quite supportive of DVD-Audio. You DO get the "May It Be" video on the 6th (on the LOTR DVD), so thats a small consolation.

But on the whole, I completely agree with you.

3. Micahel C

Micahel C Stunt Coordinator

You'll be glad to know that Enya: The Best Of is currently one of the titles on the back burner for a pending Warner DVD-A release. Just hasn't been officially announced yet which is why you haven't seen anything on it. Possibly later this year.

4. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

I'm actually considering picking any Enya DVD-As up, but then again, I own Enya's complete original CD catalog. I'm not sure if DVD-A will sound 20 dollars better than DPLII'd CDs.

I WOULD pick up a DVD of her Videos, which I hear is likely to come over to Region 1 fairly soon.

5. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    A video collection DVD is on the "not yet available" lists of several e-tailers; hopefully, soon.