What's new

Environmentalists in a pickle (1 Viewer)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Is that like an environmentalist-critics version of The Onion?

Hopeless cynics crack me the hell up.:)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I thought that wind turbines killing birds was an urban myth made by people who didn't want to have to look at wind turbines.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
or planted? i'm just sayin.

their intentions are noble, but they go way overboard too often. i dont imagine anyone would feel great about running over a nest of squirrels, but being on suicide watch is a bit extreme. for her sake, i hope the suicide watch is much more than she needs.

CJ

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

However, as someone who has witnessed a couple PETA types debate whether they should or shouldn't eat honey; I've see just how close to real it is. The honey eater was almost on suicide watch herself after being verbally bludgeoned for exploiting the "poor proletariat bees".

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to hear a specific, first-hand example.

The FUD factor for these types of things from the "normal" people is so far off the hook, as to be laughable.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
if i gave some first hand examples, you'd only claim it was more FUD. when you have to put the word normal in quotes, i'm guessing there is nothing we can discuss rationally. us "normal" people usually have quite a few examples, which the FUD doesn't exist, it's reality.

CJ

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Sure. But you see, painting the entire group with the brush of a fringe extremist minority is disingenuous at best. And if that's not the intent of such posts and threads, than I don't know what is. I could start a thread (if it were allowed) with an extremist fundamentalist Christian anecdote titled "Christians in a pickle" with the same goals.

Regardless of the merits of any one case, real or imaginary, environmental consciousness is generally a good thing :).

--
H

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ah, but wasn't he speaking about the extremists to begin with? It doesn't matter how much of a minority they are, when you specifically refer to them, you are talking about 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks