What's new

Envelope stuffing as a part time job??? (1 Viewer)

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
My wife currently does not want to go out in the work force and wants to try some of these home based jobs. We saw an ad in the paper for evelope stuffing, called the number, left our info and 24 hours later we have the sign up packet. Basically it says she would be paid $1.40 per evelope that is stuffed and sealed with a potential income of $500-$1400 per week. Also we would be contractors, so taxes would not be taken out of the checks either, we would have to report it manually at tax time.
How can this possibly be true an extra $500 and up per week is a lot of cash and would seriously help us in getting some debt paid off, (and that 65 inch Mitsu I have had my eye on! :D )? And I am a bit leary as they request a $25 money order for "covering the paperwork costs" and that it will be refunded triple or $75 with the first paycheck or so they say.
Now I have stuffed lots of envelopes for my job, I don't get paid for it, heh its just secondary work as I work for an ISP and these our our monthly invoices to memebers, but hey, I have some stuffing experience! :D
Anyone done this, made good money? Or got ripped off, all info is appreciated.

Eric Porper

Agent
From what i understand most of these envelope stuffing ads make you pay for the starter kit which is a kit that shows you where you may be able to find envelope stuffing opportunities. In other words, proceed with caution!

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
That is my biggest concern, like a pyramid scheme, that is why I am consulting the net and trying google searches.

I mean if that is all it really is, what is to stop someone from setting up an ad. People pay their $$$ and you mail them a list of websites for places online to sign up for them. Seems kind of shady, but someone has to mail out those junk packages that ya get right?

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
This is the info I was looking for. And this is why I love the internet! :D
And after doing a bit more googling™ I have found many sites with a lot of the same info.
Glad I checked first before falling in!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Back before the days of the net, my mom tried this shortly after her and my dad were married. She recalls fondly the rip off it was, even in the early 70's.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Any "business" that requires you to send money before starting is a scam. Plain and simple. If they were a legit business that really needed people to stuff envelopes, they'd just hire them. What business says, "Sure, we'll get you started just as soon as you write us a check?" None that I want to be affiliated with, anyway.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Years ago a friend of my mom's did this. It wasn't a scam (you didn't have to front any money) but the pay was piss poor. I think for every 1,000 envelopes stuffed, they paid her $10. And sometimes the contents had to be collated before they were stuffed! Then they all had to be placed in canvas mailbags and sent back to the mailing facility.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks