What's new

Entourage: Season Five (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Turtle's own fault for saying anything at all in the beginning. Had he shut his mouth and just kept saying "I don't know, I thought we hit it off.." nothing bad happens. So, he got what he had coming.

The storyline with Ari was kind of dissappointing. I guess maybe he -could- do that, but I find it more doubtful then realistic.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
ari's loyalty to vince is to a fault. it's kind of ridiculous to pass on that type of an opportunity. i would have liked to see him as a studio head =P. u can still be a badass :cool:

vince had several opportunities in the last few seasons to try out different agents FOR REAL and never got there, ari always came through. i think it's time for ari to become studio head and let other agents try vince out.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I got an impression from Ari's conversation with his wife that he liked working with clients and making his own hours. The studio job was more a means to an end rather than a career path he was interested in.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Revenge is a dish best served a la commode."

Ari lets his personal feelings to take on a loser friend (clouded personal judgment, and Ari only did the financial legwork).

Vince takes a stand against the line-stealer, but ends up with pie on his face, so to speak.

The line about sequels and water by Jason Patric was ironic (given his Speed 2 pedigree).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know if I'd call that ironic...I think that line was purposely written for that reason.

Any episode that features Andrew Shue references is alright in my book.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I liked last nights episode and was sorry to see it end.

Loved the scene in th office w/ Seth G getting clobbered.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Agreed. From the same writer who did the mushroom episode, my least favorite of the series, came last night's ep, my favorite of the season. The amount of call backs to earlier plotlines was great. Seth Green, Sloane (holy crap I rewound that scene twice), Vince's figuring out that maybe he's not a great actor, Charlie and the pilot, etc. The use of Ari was real good. The lack of Drama and Turtle was a nice break. Even Connolly, who I think is acting-challenged, delivered a great line with the "I have a fiancee" line. First time I actually believed he really was E, rather than playing E. From a substantive side, the turning of the evil director into someone who might help Vince by teaching him how to act was strong.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sloane did look pretty awesome in her dress. Anytime Seth Green gets punched, it's a good thing.

"Please."

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Seth Green + Sloane's dress = AWESOME EPISODE!!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
fav. part is when the rapper is having sex, lol.

and of course when they are out and about in hollywood, the casting director is basically the star of this series because the extras are always extra hot.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Is that's what's going on? I took it as the director continuing to undermine Vince in a passive aggressive way. Concentrating on small details goes counter to everything I've ever heard about acting - you're supposed to internalize the goals of the character and let the behavior flow naturally toward the accomplishment of the goal. I figure Vince is going to be so focused on these imaginary flaws, he'll be distracted and his performance is going to turn to utter crap.

After Vince was lied to outright and then the director just walked away during the take, I was yelling at the TV - "Give it up, he's just going to cut you out of the movie anyway!"

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I was a little puzzled by that whole thing with the director. Wasn't sure if he really was trying to help Vince...or if he's just a whack job.

This was a strange episode for me. It was over so fast (which is usually a good thing), but in the end it seemed like not much really happened.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
That's a good point about the director meddling. I didn't see that, but now that you mention it, that could be what is happening.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's what I took it as too. Drama and Turtle were talking about how weird the day had been and Vince is worrying about keeping a can balanced on his head or stopping a nearly imperceptible (or non-existent) lip quiver so it seems like he's concentrating more on silly things than his performance.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
No...he's not helping Vince by pointing anything out. He's fucking with him because he's a jerk. And, Vince is falling for it.

Don't know what the director's motives are...but, he's clearly gunning to drop Vince from the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks