What's new

Entourage Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Definitely the funniest episode of the season. Drama golfing had me on the floor and anytime Jeffrey Tambor shows up on anything it's good.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know if I'm watching the same show as you guys but I'm starting to think this show is a shadow of it's former self at this point. This season has been very ho-hum, and this latest episode was the epitome of ho-hum. Even Ari (who could always carry the show) seems a little off his game. I love Jeffrey Tambor but that stuff was painful.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
While I do agree the season as a whole has been somewhat "off" I still think this last episode was the funniest one of the season......by far.

Edited by Brent M - 8/13/2009 at 09:57 pm GMT

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
When did Entourage become a chick show? If I wanted to be sermonized about why it's bad to cheat on my wife, why it's bad to put my friend's girlfriend in a situation with a producer-wolf, why it's bad to lie to my girlfriend about my feelings with an ex, I'd watch Oprah. Goddam that sucked. I laughed once during the scene with Vince and the college girl offering to bring in a friend, but the rest of the ep had no Entourage feel to it.

Are we really supposed to believe Ari would fire not one, but two productive people over the scene in the office? Ari fired one of the twin agents for sleeping with the other one's wife, but only after figuring out which one earned more money. Now he's mister morality? Yuck.

Give me scenes with drinking, chasing girls and trips to the Playboy mansion. At least give me more than one joke per episode. I like to laugh occasionally.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Charlie Campisi

Are we really supposed to believe Ari would fire not one, but two productive people over the scene in the office? Ari fired one of the twin agents for sleeping with the other one's wife, but only after figuring out which one earned more money. Now he's mister morality? Yuck.
Ari has also said that he's going to choke Lloyd out with a strap-on but I don't think either comment was a literal threat. He was just making a point and since it took them basically saying "No, I make alot of money here" once to keep their job, Ari didn't seem too set in getting rid of either of them.

That being said, it sure wasn't that good of an episode. At least, Eric is free of his girlfriend.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I dunno Travis. He was real worked up about the scene in the office. This from the same guy who sent pics of Davies' ex to him on the internet, bags of feces and all that. He talks about having Babs, his more powerful partner, blow him. Same for the woman who was number two at Warner and Vince's ex-agent (Gugino). Being PC just isn't in his bag. Cheating on spouses and sexual harassment is supposed to be an everyday occurrence with these people, not something to get worked up about.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just waiting for the fallout of the video of Vince's dalliance with the coed to be uploaded online and causing a stir.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Cheating on spouses and sexual harassment is supposed to be an everyday occurrence with these people, not something to get worked up about."

But Ari has always been faithful to his wife. Look at the issues he had with his wife kissing someone on a soap.

Stress at home and in the workplace, I dont see the firing as really a stretch. And yea the golf epsiode was easily the best of a really lacking season.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by JonZ

"Cheating on spouses and sexual harassment is supposed to be an everyday occurrence with these people, not something to get worked up about."

But Ari has always been faithful to his wife. Look at the issues he had with his wife kissing someone on a soap.

Stress at home and in the workplace, I dont see the firing as really a stretch. And yea the golf epsiode was easily the best of a really lacking season.
That's technically true, but it's a bit of a revision IMO. I haven't seen the first season in a while, but before Mrs. Ari was a significant character, I don't think he was to be portrayed as the faithful husband. When Eric started dating his assistant without Ari knowing, Ari said "I'm thinking about hitting that." There were other comments during other eps like at the Playboy mansion. But you're right, he never has cheated as far as we know. We won't ever know what the writers intended, but I could see a situation where he was written into a faithful husband because Mrs. Ari became a featured character. It definitely seems like they've hit us over the head with lines like "I haven't cheated on my wife for 15 years" or whatever he said more than once as if to make sure we knew. Either way, even if he's faithful, it's Hollywood. Cheating and fractured marriages happen as often as the sun comes up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Eh, I thought the episode was OK just because it had Drama acting nuts and Bob Saget wanting to have sex in someone's office.

And I enjoyed hearing the N.W.A. classic "Straight Outta Compton" on television.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk

Last night was a snooze fest.
No doubt. I can see what they're doing this season by pushing Vince to the background and developing the other characters more but usually there is some thread of plot involving Vince's career and how the rest of the "entourage" fits into that course of action. This season Vince is just hanging around and barely doing anything while the plots involving everyone else are simply boring. I don't know what to think of this season other than: Worst. Season. Ever.

Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Kate Mara looked better than I've seen her of late, though.
Yeah, I had to double-take at first whether it was her or not because it seemed like quite the incidental part for an actress such as her. All I could think is that her character will become involved with E an episode or two down the road because she certainly couldn't doing a "cameo" walk-on as someone's assistant with a line or two of dialog, could she? I could believe that if she was playing herself as an actress being represented by Ari's or Murray's agency, but not as an actual character on the show.

Which brings up Scott Caan as the douchebag adversary to E at Murray's agency. At first I thought he would be playing himself but he is not. Although, his character's name is Scott.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Other than Saget's cameo(and the line about bringing in Christian Bale to let him execute a cinematographer) that was probably one of the worst episodes of Entourage ever. Anytime Ari gets like 45 seconds of screen time you know the episode is in big trouble. Just awful.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I've posted this elsewhere but I think

Drama is going to get set up with a gay love interest on Five Towns. Anyone who knows Drama knows that will kill him and we'll get to see if his "personal code" that he goes on about will be stronger than his desire to succeed in Hollywood.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I haven't laughed since episode 5 (the charity golf tournament with Marky Mark). That's four eps in a row without a laugh. What the hell is going on with the writing on this show?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Charlie Campisi

What the hell is going on with the writing on this show?
I still get a kick out of almost everything Drama does but I think the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a story arc for the season- it's been almost all here's-a-day-in-the-life-of-the-guys episodes. Those episodes are fun but they get boring when there's no 'major' episodes to balance them out.

S1 had Vince building his career and getting Queens Boulevard. S2 had Vince trying to get Aquaman and dating Mandy Moore. The first chunk of S3 didn't have a major storyline and was, in my mind, the weakest season to date. The second part of S3 had Ari trying to get Vince back as his client. S4 had them working on getting Medillin to Cannes. S5 had Vince trying to rebuild his career after Medillin's failure. Outside of E dating a weird looking crazy girl, this season has no major storyline.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I've been re-watching season 1 on the HBO Comedy channel over the past couple weeks and the greatness of those episodes really punctuates how far the show has gone downhill this year. Like Charlie, I don't think I've laughed in the past 3 or 4 episodes. Even Ari, who was once the most well-written comedic character on TV in ages, isn't given any funny lines now. WTF happened to the writers?

Hate to say it, but I'm really getting bored with this show. Thank goodness Curb Your Enthusiasm starts this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks