What's new

Entourage season 3 (Parts 1 and 2) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But what if Saigon gets shot in front of Turtle? Great street cred, but would the danger be worth it to Turtle?

Mrs. Ari was looking mighty fine in this episode. Can't blame Ari for his advances, he's an agent, after all. :D

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
He was hysterical as always. The quick blow comment, but also the way he solved the problem with his daughter and the funny scene in the restaurant with Turtle and Drama.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I believe that the person that Turtle is loosely based on had the same type of career. He was a hanger on/friend of Mark Wahlberg and he managed to move into the music business.

I also loved Ari's 'quick blow job' line too. And her reaction. :)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah...including Michael Bay in there is justified...but wouldn't any actor be thrilled with Kevin Smith as the writer for that script?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think any actor in a comic book based movie would want Smith. Smith has a better grasp for comic book characters then most.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
By the way...shame on HBO for the preview they showed for this past episode. They actually had the nerve to show pretty much the entire last scene, as well as the very last line of the episode in the preview - when Vince says he wants 20 million for A2. :thumbsdown:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It made me realize how much I like the ads for The Sopranos or Deadwood where they make it look like the next episode will be a bloodbath but then nothing close to that happens. It's impossible to know what's going to happen since the ads are so ridiculous. :)

RichardK

Second Unit

Yes, it does suck that they showed Vince asking for $20M, but the REAL kicker and cliffhanger (at least to me) is that he did it without Ari being there. I didnt watch next weeks preview and have zipped by any mention of it here. I dont know if Ari not being there even plays in to the storyline or not per the preview...
Also, about the previews, they did put one on us on the preview for 'One day in the Valley'. The preview focuses on the failure of Aquaman and even shows Ari smashing the strength idol thing that Lloyd gave him. Of course this was only half of the story for that episode and instead of failure we get the biggest movie opening in box office history.... I would argue that all HBO previews are deceptive, and done that way by design....

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
Brilliant episode, very funny, it is my second favorite of the season behind One Day in The Valley which is the best so far.

I LMAO on this line which Ari said about that punk kid Max Ballard.

Ari: You wanna hire Max Ballard. He is Dakotta Fanning with a dick.

LOL LOL that was so funny.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I stopped watching previews for dramas like Sopranos, deadwood, lost, 24, battlestar galactica where they often gave away too much and ruined the actual ensuing episode. It didn't seem to matter for Entourage in the first couple seasons where the plots were light and there weren't cliffhangers or major carry over themes. I wonder if the fact that the previews now 'matter' means that the show is evolving past the simple 'guys get drunk, guys get laid' stage?

Anyway, it's a forum rule that preview talk should be spoilerized. Wasn't all that necessary in the past with this show, but maybe now it makes sense to adhere more closely to the rule now that the show has some meat to it?

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

But Vince isn't a comic book fan (or really much of a geek at all) so he probably doesn't "get" Kevin Smith.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Anyone know how Entourage is doing in the ratings? The critics have always loved it, but I remember it being iffy as to whether it was coming back for S2 and then the ratings not picking up last year. Now, it seems everybody I know is watching and/or buying the dvds. Is it just the circles I follow, or has it picked up? Not the best time slot.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

Last I checked (which was weeks ago), ENTOURAGE had a boost in ratings (but just behind DEADWOOD by 200,000 viewers). I would chalk it up to the massive ad campaign HBO has done for the show, while not doing shit for DEADWOOD.

HBO promoted the show all wrong for the first 2 seasons. I never cared for the show the first 2 seasons because of the promotions and whatnot until my brother told me to check it out. I loved it and cursed HBO for appealing to the lowest common denominator during the first 2 seasons.

I think ENTOURAGES ratings are around 2.0-2.3 a week now...but I could be wrong.

RichardK

Second Unit
In the follow up story apparently Kernan mentioned the Entourage, Aquaman tie in before the 'official' number report on air...In watching the on air report for the numbers I didnt get the impression that Kernan was 'joking' about POTCs $132M 'beating' Aquaman's $120M+ ...he was just regurgitating(sp?) what was on the teleprompter! either way, for us Entourage fans, we love the extra pub for our beloved show. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks