What's new

Entourage - Anyone watching it? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Just watched the first 4 eps over the weekend thanks to my friend and our own Wendy L. ;) Very good show I must say, the thing that i'm liking is that these four guys, when you get down to it, are just 4 regular guys who just happen to have tons of dough to play with.

Of course that money comes from Vince' fame but like someone earlier in this thread said, they were obviously friends before Vince made it big and so he took them to the top with him, I think that's very cool and something that I would do, as would anyone I would think.

Jeremy Piven is great in this but that's typical of him, he's one of those actors that can single handedly save a bad movie, not that this show is something that needs saving mind you, and he steals almost every scene he's in lol. If I had to pick a character that I really sympathize with it's Kevin Dillon's, he's the 4th man out all the time and can't seem to catch a break, he's the Charlie Brown of the group and I know what that's like, he's just a higher functioning Charlie Brown, that's all.

Very good show, I can't believe i'm already half way through the first season lol. Thanks, Wendy, for introducing this to me. :)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

You are very welcome. It's all part of my plan to get you hooked on as many TV shows as me... and for world domination. :D

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

He is the Don Swayze, Frank Stallone, Donnie Wahlberg and oh yeah ... Kevin Dillon ... of the group. Great casting for his part.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

I know you're kidding, but I wouldn't put Donnie Wahalberg (or Kevin Dillon for that matter) in with Frank Stallone and Don Swayze...

Donnie Wahalberg has done quite a bit of well-respected and noteworthy work on his own (The Sixth Sense, Band of Brothers, Boomtown) to distinguish himself from his brother.

Kevin Dillon was even in Platoon... ;)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
And let's not forget Kevin's masterful performance as the weirdo who saved Kim Bauer from the infamous mountain lion in season 2 of '24'.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Yeah, but they are still very much in the shadow of their brothers and Johnny Drama is the parody of those brothers. It's perfect that Dillon himself is a less successful brother. Should I have thrown Chris Penn in there too? :D

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Not ragging on him. He's just less successful than his brother. Now that you mention it, he's the most accomplished of the less-accomplished-brothers that I mentioned.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Yeah, but who knows what he could of accomplished if he didn't die so young. Who knows, he could of been cast in a TV show like "24" or "Lost" and become a huge TV star. I guess we will never know now.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

C'mon now. I enjoyed him in Footloose, Reservoir Dogs and True Romance, and even in his guest spot in Entourage, but to suggest that he was ever going to be more than Sean Penn's brother is going a bit far.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Why is that? :confused: Like Wendy said, many actors have found fame on television now, who's to say that he wouldn't have been given a role on a hit show?

You just don't know and we sadly never will.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Because even if he got the lead in CSI: Minneapolis for the next ten years, he'd never be able to eclipse what his brother has done. I'm not saying he was a bad actor. But he would always be in the shadow of his brother, like Kevin Dillon, Donnie Wahlberg, et al.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The thing that people do way too often is compare siblings in Hollywood, Sean Penn does what he does well just as Chris did well in his own right. I've never felt that it was fair to compare celebrity siblings and I try never to do it.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

I don't understand this post at all, given that the discussion started with Johnny Drama and Entourage. His whole character is based around the family member riding on the coattails of the more successful sibling. That's the parody.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes, it is the parody, however my post was just a general personal observation on my part. Most people make comparisons between celebrity siblings, which is what generated the parody depicted on 'Entourage' to begin with, i'm simply saying that I do not make such comparisons, that's all.

But it is funny lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks