What's new

Entertainment Tonight & JAG (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
I really can't stand this show and probably only watch it maybe once a month. Has anyone else noticed how many segments/stories they do on JAG? It never fails--every single time I watch ET, there's a JAG story or something on David James Elliot. Am I crazy? Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I've noticed this too! :laugh:
Wasn't JAG created by Donald Bellasario? If I recall all of his previous shows (like quantum leap) always got constant coverage on ET.
It's a conspiracy... :) I've never seen a single episode of JAG. Although the last 'story' ET did tried to explain why the American Consciousness needs such a show in the current climate. Hm..
Joseph

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
JAG is a pretty good show, I watch it from time to time.

ET seems to latch onto something for a while, and do a bunch of stories on it. I think they do everything in like a week, and then spread it out over 3 months.... it's an awful show anyway.

/Mike

Chuck L

Screenwriter
The sap factor on the show as only increased following the events of Sept. 11. I know that I am not speaking for everyone, but I am tired of seeing star 'greetings' to the folks overseas. I know that their hearts are in it and all, but overkill.

Also note how lately Mary Hart is in soft focus most of the time. I really think that the show could use some new blood as far as a hostess goes, Mary Hart is just plain tired.

As for the Jag stories...you would almost think that it was the only show anymore on television with as often as what the show is on.

Granted, I have never seen a single showing of Jag, but never did I watch Seinfeld, Cheers, and I think that I have seen maybe five showings of Friends. There are more than the ten television shows on television that ET wants to report about.

I also find it foolish when you sit through a month or two of a 'breaking story' about "___________ star will be a presenter on _________________ award show"...hardly news, nor even breaking news in my book.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The sap factor on the show as only increased following the events of Sept. 11. I know that I am not speaking for everyone, but I am tired of seeing star 'greetings' to the folks overseas. I know that their hearts are in it and all, but overkill.

I agree with this, the whole military thing on the Britney Spears concert on HBO was annoying too.

And one thing that REALLY bugs me is Circuit City's shameless attempt to cash in on the whole war tragedy by letting people record greetings to our troops. Yeah, it's free, but do you honestly think Circuit City isn't doing this in hopes of getting people to come to their stores? If they didn't want that, they should just put these recorders outside Best Buy and tell people to go there... somehow I doubt they'd do that though.

/Mike

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
I could be incorrect, but isn't Entertainment Tonight a King World syndicated show and King World owned by CBS?

If so, the mystery is solved by noting that CBS is owned by Viacom, Paramount is owned by Viacom, and JAG is on CBS but produced by Paramount.

Graphically:

ET - King-World - CBS - Viacom - Paramount - JAG

and I'd put a branch off of CBS that also lead to JAG, but I can't get it to space right (CBS - JAG)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks