What's new

entertainment center (1 Viewer)

Chris Homer

Agent

I think I spent a little under $200 on the material, and I had to get a shelf pin jig, 3/4" router straight bit, and couple of other things that might have added another $75 or so on top of that. I was thinking of putting some doors on it, but my wife filled the empty spaces pretty well. We'll have to see if I do or not. Have to build a router table first to try and build some doors.

At a minimum, I would like to build some doors with speaker fabric to cover the left and right speaker, since I would rather not have some decor on top or near them.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. It didn't come out perfect like I would hope, but I'm probably the only one who knows where the errors are.

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
Chris,

That looks beautiful, I certainly can't tell from the picture that it didn't come out perfect! I'm sure you would have paid considerably more than $200 to buy that somewhere, and it wouldn't have been to the exact dimensions you wanted.

Aaron Gilbert

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator

You appear to have good woodworking skillz, how about a frame that is covered with material and slides into the opening a pre-detrmined depth using some stops. something like magnetic cabinet (it's late and I can't come up with the correct term) thingies that hold cabinet doors shut. You could flush mount the frames.

or a simple inside hinge so that they swing out. The frames should be easy enough to build and cover with fabric.

Just a few rambling thoughts... :)

Tracy

Chris Homer

Agent
Yeah, for the speakers I was thinking a basic frame with the speaker cover fabric stapled to the opening and then some type of clips kind of like the ones used on speakers. That way I could just pull off the covers if I ever need to get in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks