Enterprise Season Finale Details (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dave Scarpa, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Enterprise's second-season finale, "The Expanse", will reportedly feature the return of the Klingons — and a disastrous attack on Earth.

According to sources, as the episode opens the Klingon Chancellor is smarting because Archer not only outwitted Duras and escaped confinement in Rura Penthe in "Judgment", but the captain also managed to escape from the bounty hunter who captured him when the Klingons put a price on his head in "Bounty". The Chancellor offers the disgraced Duras a change to regain his command (and his honour), by recapturing Archer.

But the Enterprise has more pressing matters to attend to — there's been an attack on Earth. Before the crew can reach Earth, Duras leads an attack on the NX-01, disabling the Starfleet ship's phaser cannons. The Klingons are just about to lead a boarding party when three Starfleet vessels (but only of the warp two variety) fly in, weapons blazing. Faced with such superior firepower, the Klingons are forced to withdraw.

When the crew finally reach Earth, the extent of the massive devastation is revealed — a large scar of destruction through Florida and Cuba...

The episode will also reportedly feature a romance for Jonathan Archer, in the form of Rebecca, who the NX-01 captain renews his relationship with while he is back on Earth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that this information is based on excerpts from an early draft of the script, and details will likely change before the episode enters production. Also please be aware that Paramount Pictures have not yet officially confirmed these details, and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour.

"The Expanse" will be directed by Allan Kroeker and is set to air on Wednesday, May 21 at 9:00 p.m.

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Hmm... Well, this does at least beat the hell out of the TCW.

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

It does seem interestnig, but Judgement must be an episode that hasn't aired yet because it dosn't sonud familiar. It's about time they started to get into the Klingon War, but they should have done it much sooner, or saved the 'disasterous' first contact with the Klingons for later in Season 2, Rather than have it focused on in the pilot.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

This apparently makes three Klingon-themed episodes for April and May; worth noting that B&B don't seem to be writing them. I wonder if maybe, just maybe, John Shiban really will be in charge when Season 3 starts.

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Ever the wishful thinker, eh Jason? [​IMG]

6. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

The Klingon episodes are all going to lead into each other, 3 in a row, the season finale being a cliffhanger which will lead into season 3's premiere.

7. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

I must be a dyslexic wishful thinker because I read the thread title as "Final Season" and got excited thinking they were going to cancel this show.

I am one of those loyal Trekkers who keeps watching this show out of some loyalty to the franchise, but every week it gets harder and harder.

8. Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski Stunt Coordinator

The rest of the episodes this season, in airing order (air date in parentheses), are:

"THE CROSSING" (April 2, 2003)
    "JUDGEMENT" (April 9,2003)
    "HORIZON" (April 16, 2003)
    "THE BREACH" (April 23, 2003)
    "COGENITOR" (April 30, 2003)
    "REGENERATION" (May 7, 2003)
    "FIRST FLIGHT" (May 14, 2003)
    "BOUNTY" (May 21, 2003)
    "THE EXPANSE" (May 21, 2003)

9. DavidAC

DavidAC Stunt Coordinator

Well sounds promising, bout time we got into the thick of things with the Klingons, now if we can only get something going with the Romulans...

10. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

11. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Most of this is old news, but here is an "update" from the horse's mouth (or its other end, depending on your point of view, I guess).

SciFiWire: "Finale To Alter Enterprise"

dateline: April 15, 2003 9:00 a.m. ET

12. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

That sounds pretty desperate to me.

I finally nailed what it was I didn't like most about last week's episide: the sheer ordinariness of the way everything was presented. Nothing new.

Enterprise was such a bad idea.

13. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Agreed...

'Gee, something we're doing isn't clicking with todays audiences. We've added T and A, no go. We've added action(somewhat) and no go. I KNOW! Lets change the premise of the show altogeher and start fresh! That'll work for shor, even though we still have the same production team and writers!'

14. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Second Unit

Jeff Spencer

15. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I honestly doubt Berman remembers

Anyone know if Michael Piller would come back if they gave him the franchise?

16. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, he's happy doing The Dead Zone with his son right now. I'd kill to have Ron Moore working on this show - the history of the Federation and their early relations with the Klingons would be right up his alley - but that ship has sailed.

I'm beginning to think Berman and/or Braga has some sort of blackmail material on someone at Paramount even better than what James Marsters has on Joss Whedon; ten years of diminishing returns on their show(s) without being canned has got to be some sort of record in the cutthroat world of television.

17. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

18. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Replace the writers, people in charge of trek and get some real directors instead of a trek actor every other episode. I dont think its the cast's fault for the show. they are directed and use the material given to them

capt

19. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You know, I just had a frightening thought, what if this doesn't turn into Voyager, but instead turns into Space Battleship Yamato (Starblazers)?

20. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

It looks like they're seriously changing the direction of the show. Isn't this what we all wanted? I really don't understand criticising this.