What's new

ENTERPRISE renewed (all discussion here please!) (1 Viewer)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
OK I'll throw in my two cents for all those out there that are running this series down for not being "original" and "following formula" and "FIRE BERMAN" .
This is an entertainment show, people!!! I am a Huge Trek fan (ever since the original was rerun in the seventies, and I was just a kid)
The people that jam their "art for the sake of art" down your throat and proclaim that sci fi isn't sci fi unless...(fill in the blank), can get off their high horses any time now.
For those that squawk aboout DS9 and it's originality... I watched an episode the other night that smacked heavily of the mirror universe, wherin Kira and the doctor are transported to an alternate reality of their own, where everyone of their counterparts are tainted...
This is a whole universe of storylines folks, some are bound to be rehashed with a new twist. This is the only Trek show left and It is good entertainment, Do I love every episode? no, but overall I am very pleased that I can still explore with the Federation every week.
Sorry for the rant, in places, But some of the previous threads really bugged me, and I needed to get this ou of my system

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, if this latest incarnation of the franchise had been at all well-written while eschewing all the been-there/done-that formula plots, these threads would be cheering the series. (BTW, I've been into Star Trek since September 1966. Stayed with it through DS9. Been watching sadly from the sidelines since. With this current series, pretty much not watching at all.)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
I have read some of your other posts concerning the series Jack, I guess I just don't expect as much from TV.
Or maybe I'm easily entertained.:D
As a whole I believe in the characters and their plight. I have from the beginning. (From Archer's empassioned speach to the council to let us get our own feet wet, to last weeks race to save the planet.
Could some episodes have been better? sure, But I really liked all of TNG but now watch some of the 1st year and YIKES!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That was the mirror universe. The very one from Mirror, Mirror. They even mention how the state of the universe at the time the DS9 crew stumble into it is a direct result of Kirk's influence on Mirror Spock. DS9 went there at least once a year, I believe. If you were aware of all of this already, forgive me. Perhaps I'm just taking your post too literally.

Anyway, that's just a minor point, and I agree with you. I enjoy Enterprise and hope it stays around a little while, though I suppose four will probably be the last year. Unless, of course, they totally kick ass and bring in the big numbers. :)

Kevin G.

Second Unit

No, I just caught the tail end of it, and I wasn't really a DS9 kind of fan, I really liked the action of TOS and TNG, the non-commercial brain food that was DS9 really didn't appeal to me at the time, now, as I get older though, I find I'm drawn to it a bit more and am glad SPIKE bought the rights.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Kevin, I've been a Trek-fan since I was just a wee lad. Grew up with TOS.

DS9 rocks. 'nuff said. :)

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
As I posted in another post, if its on Friday at 9, sorry we'll be watching Stargate.

Now the perfect night for those without lives would be at 8, then 2 hours of Stargate :)

I'll be catching the rerun on Sunday as we often do now.

As far as T'pol, I have no idea who the women is who plays her but I do feel she is one of the best actors on the show, she handles her part, especially the addict reactions very well, she is a better actress when she is not speaking but you just watch her facial reactions.

BobV

Second Unit

Enterprise has been well written. The first season was passable, the second season was good, this third season has been fantastic.

I had a lot more than that written here but... pfft don't really matter.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Friday is a bad night. I try to watch on Wednesdays, and often I do, but I confess I am not enthused by the show. Friday night is for seeing friends and/or going to movies. I can tape it, but I fear the recorded shows will go unwatched for weeks at a time. If you ask me, UPN wants to kill the show, once they get their 100 episodes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Fridays might not be a bad time. For the following reasons.

-It is not up against American Idol.
-It is not up against Smallville. Which does cut away from the same fan base.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm delighted that Enterprise has been saved. Along with DS9, it's the only ST series that I can be bothered to watch more than once - well written, believable characters, and I don't give a **** if the same plots have been used before (Shakespeare lifted plots wholesale from others, so why should this be an issue?).

One question though - if the various detractors of Enterprise hate it so much, why do they continute watching it? I hate liver and onions - I don't need to keep eating it to know this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks