What's new

Enterprise on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I'd still buy the DVDs as I think that Enterprise is still better than Voyager which I will not buy at all.
Right there with ya. I've purchased all of TNG (even the first two seasons...gah) and I *will* purchase all of DS9. Voyager... meh. No thanks.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I also liekd the first seaon of Enterprise, but season 2 seemed to drift back toward standard trek. I hop they straighten it out next year.

Gerry A

Agent
I've must have watched nearly all episodes of Seasons 1 and 2 of Enterprise and there are probably 2 or 3 episodes I didn't particularly like, but I loved the rest of them. I watched them all independent of any comment, opinion or review from anyone on the Internet, magazines, newspapers etc. So I was pretty surprised at the somewhat lackluster reception this series have had in general.

I've been a fan of Star Trek since the 70's watching reruns of TOS. I was one of the very first in line to see Enterprise NCC 1701 in all its motion picture glory in the first movie. I was skeptical of TNG, but when I saw the first few episodes I was sold ( I was to learn years later that many fans didn't like the first and second seasons of this show as well). I was skeptical of both DS9 and Voyager but I gave them both a chance. While I'm still not liking Voyager even after seeing it's best episodes, the minute I saw the first preview of ENTERPRISE in one of the TOS Special Edition DVDs, I was hooked!

I'm loving this series so much that I'm already hard pressed to decide which I like better, TOS or this one. Most of the episodes I have seen have been excellent, as far as my opinion goes, so I'm left shaking my head at all the negative reviews the series is getting.

Of course, I don't NEED the validation of other people for me to like this show. I went online to see if I could find other people with whom I can share my enthusiasm for this show and finding few, well, it's allright. Like I said, my enjoyment of this show doesn't depend on whether other people like it or not.

But just so Paramount and everyone involved in ENTERPRISE know, there is one LOOONG time Star Trek fan who is loving ENTERPRISE and would get the DVDs as soon as they're made available. I'm still completing my TNG set, I'm planning to get seasons 4-7 of DS9, maybe none of Voyager, all of TOS if they decide to release that as box sets, and of course! Specially ENTERPRISE.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Very nicely said Gerry. You are not alone in liking Enterprise. While I probably am not as enthusiastic about it as you seem to be, I have certainly enjoyed more than 90% of all the episodes. I also will buy Enterprise if it's released on DVD. However, I think I am one of the few who will buy Voyager if it's ever released. Not only because I am a completest but I also enjoyed Voyager as well. 13 seasons down, 13 (so far) to go.

[url=http://members.aol.com/nightdog35/spidey_smiley.gif] [/url]

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
In defense of TNG's first two seasons: "Heart of Glory," "Conspiracy," "The Measure of a Man," etc. There are gems in those first two seasons. (I'm cycling through my TNG sets for the second time.)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I like voyager as well, but in last two seasons there were some episodes that just turned me off, and a few charectors they spent too much time on. It would have been nice if they included everyone. But i still enjoyed the series. It was just different

As for enterprise. I liked the first season. In the second season i watched pretty much the highlight episodes and enjoyed them . If they stick to the story arcs of the show most of the time with a few singles here and there it would be a even better show. There is only so much "they are new out there" you can do. I think they should have done that in season one and then changed direction in season 2 instead of 3. Well see what happens. All the trek spinoff shows got better after the 2nd seasons

capt

John Madia

Second Unit
I think that the only trek series that truly hit it's stride in the third season was TNG. I've just started watching DS9 since the DVD's came out and have enjoyed it since episode one. There were some bad episodes in the first season but also some great ones and overall it was a good season. Season two was awesome and probably where the series came into it's own. Season three (of which I'm halfway through) had some direction changes, some of which were good, others which took a while to get hammered out.

I've watched a smattering of Voyager episodes and never once did it seem like they hit their stride. Maybe by season three, fans gave up on seeing anything more than a one hour action/adventure show.

As for Enterprise, it seem like the "needs three years to hit it's stride" is more of an excuse for producing mediocre episodes than it is a truth. I haven't really seen the characters or the show evolve much during the two seasons which would indicate that the writers/producers aren't really trying much to change. In the first season of TNG, they realized certain stuff didn't work (ferengis, dresses, Picard's protection of his french heritage) and dropped it. They never forgot it though and tried to incorporate it better into later seasons.

As for the original question, I remember reading somewhere (trektoday.com probably) that since the VHS sales for Enterprise are low in R2, they're probably going to be releasing them on DVD sooner than normal.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
More than likely Enterprise will hit DVD early simply because the show is flagging badly. I honestly expect next year to be "Voyager Season 1- Again" aka "How many anomalies can we encounter that will result in acid trip variations of people going insane?" In between those episodes they will probably continue on their attempt to rip off Yamato and call it original and "never done before"

Hurry StarFor...Fleet. There's only 365 days left to save the Earth!

I'd love to see Enterprise get good. It could be fantastic. But to fix the show, you need to fire every single person on that writing staff, because they are just collecting paychecks and churning out the "good enough"

James Reader

Screenwriter
As for the original question, I remember reading somewhere (trektoday.com probably) that since the VHS sales for Enterprise are low in R2, they're probably going to be releasing them on DVD sooner than normal.
I think that the VHS releases have stopped now. I expect a DVD release of some sort (even if only selected episodes) by the end of the year, despite the fact that they keep pumpung out the seasonal sets of their other Trek series.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
My theory still stands thus. We'll finish out DS9 this year, then Voyager will come out next year under the same format, 7 seasons in one year, then we'll be into the middle of the 3rd season of enterprise, then say in mid year 2005, I see season 1 of enterprise coming out on a 6 month or so schedule like Xfiles or maybe 8-10 month till they catch up and then put out the previous season just before the next season airs like Sopranos or 24.

That is what makes sense to me. But I would much rather have Enterprise on dvd over Voyager. I caught then end of a episode of Voyager last night and I just shuddered the entire 10 minutes I watched.

DanHaya

Second Unit
I agree with Shane...expect the seven seasons of Voyager next year, with the first 3 of Enterprise to follow in 2005. And I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount gives us the Animated Series in 2005 as well.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Richard Arnold writes a question and answer article for the Star Trek Fan Club magazine. He's also the resident Trek expert and often Creation Convention presenter.

This month sees a batch of DVD related questions. He asked Paramount Home Video, and the answers are as follows:

Re: More DE's of Trek Films? Only Star Trek 1 and 2 will have directors cuts. The rest are Special Collectors editions with theatrical cut. ( I assume Trek 6 is the home video cut)
Re: Star Trek V redux? no plans, only theatrical cut, coming this fall
Re: TNG CE's? expect to CE's, too far out to know specifics
Re: TOS Animated Series? No current plans, not likely if you ask me.
Re: Voyager DVD's? Likely expect to see them following DS9.
Re: TOS reissue in box sets? Possible, but nothing on the drawing board yet

No word on Enterprise. Interesting tidbit, some one asked if Star Trek-The Motion Picture DE will be used on TV rather then old cut. He couldn't get answer, but likely not due to fees already paid and extra fees needed to pay for the new cut to actors, director, etc,etc.

Nelson

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks