What's new

Enterprise 2002-10-09 (1 Viewer)

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
Okay, Im gonna get so geeky I scare myself. :b In Star Trek: Generations, we see Guinan and the Malcolm McDowell character being rescued from a ship carrying refugees trapped in/or near the Nexis. This is pertinent because they were made refugees when the Borg attacked their world. That means that the Borg were capable of the whole "you will be assimilated" thing no more than a century or so after the events we witnessed on Wednesday -- hardly enough time to evolve into the technological juggernaut we all love. Thrown in that we don't know how long Guinan and company were stuck in the Nexis or how long they were traveling before getting stuck and we're probably talking even less of a gap timewise. Then there's the whole "Guinan met Mark Twain in SF in 1890-something" episode from ST:TNG and we've probably got the Borg predating what we witnessed by a long time. I'm gonna go and get a life now. :D

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
What I did not like about the episode was the implication that the Porcine race the Tellerites were behind the station.
I didn't get that at all. From what I saw, there just happened to be a Tellarite ship who told them about the station. I think we're meant to assume that the station is a well-known landmark, and other alien races have been going there for a while. Consider how many races of aliens we saw, and Phlox's statement about how long some had been there. My understanding was that the station had been taking crewmen from all the ships it had repaired unbeknownst to the the rest of the crews, who just thanked their lucky stars and went on their way. Archer and company were just the first ones to find out about the station's double crossing them. There may well have been a Tellarite in that computer room (not that we saw one, but there were plenty of aliens in there we didn't get to see).

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Scooter nailed it. The Borg have been about for quite some time as I understand it.

Also, in reference to the V-Ger reference, in one of the Star Trek books written by William Shatner, the V-Ger/Borg connection is confirmed. I don't recall which exactly, but it's in there!

I thought it was a pretty good Episode as well!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Not to burst your stasis field, but the Star Trek novels are not considered part of the franchise's official canon.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Since B&B took over completely, has anything ever been canon?

On topic, though, I liked this episode and did get the vibe off of it. Not nearly creepy enough, but still much more fun. This is what the show should be like...nice weekly jaunts into space and getting creeped out, chased, shot at and stung by some odd pod creature. The need more trekkin' going on.

Phil

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I agree this episode has a very TOS feeling. It felt like the whole "Pleasure Planet" episode, where McCoy got killed by the knight, and then brought back to life.

Kudos to Roxanne Dawson. Great direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks