Enterprise 10/30/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Turetsky, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

Now that was just plain silly. What was preventing the Klingons from:

- Blowing them up from space out of spite?
    - Transporting right behind them?
    - Transporting them all into space?

All in all, a pretty mediocre episode.

2. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I Have'nt watched tonighhts show yet, but I caught the preview with Next weeks ep. What's going onwith Vulcan's in this show? T'Pol's Deep Dark Secret and A Vulan Terrorist smuggling Biotoxins. Huh What? Hey Berman and Braga have you at least rented an episode of TOS? What wasted Potential. Where's the building of the Federation ?

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

4. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    I gave up halfway through the show. I knew the episode couldn't possibly get better. Maybe I should have warned all of you last night... [​IMG]

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I am posting this after having deserted the TV in my bedroom prematurely. I could not tolerate this any further. Seriously, I may soon resort to listening to you all first before watching any further episodes. This is seriously just too painful.

Mark, I know you too well. You were being charitable.

6. Vasanth B

Vasanth B Stunt Coordinator

I think you guys are too harsh.

All in all, I would say it was a decent episode, although I do agree the plot was a bit contrived.

As for the attacking after Enterprise left, first off, the Klingon's had no idea that Enterprise & crew were there in the first place. They would not wait for something to leave that they didn't know was there. From the Klingon's perspective, the resistance put up by the Colonists was enough to convince them to leave well-enough alone.

Obviously if the Klingon's were determined, they would investigate how the colonists suddenly became so powerful...but the dialog by the head of the Klingon away team at the end of episode something to the effect of "We can find plenty of deuterium much better than the junk from this colony" suggests they did not want to face the resistance and conceivably chose to move on.

I for one appreciated the obvious expense and effort involved in setting up such a large outdoor set. It was a refreshing change from the industrial metallic scenery inside Enterprise. I'm sure the show's budget won't let them indulge in such luxuries for every episode.

7. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I wish the series could be put on hiatus for an unspecified time.

Someone here long ago said that he was, in effect, mentally "blocking out" Enterprise (along with Voyager) from his "memory" and appreciation of Star Trek. I am the same way, I think.

8. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

Someone hold Jacks jaw shut for a minute:
    The first 20 minutes or so looked ok to me. The rest of the show sucked so bad, had so many plot holes in it that I vote this show as worst episode ever.
    OK people... the least you could have done while holding Jacks jaw shut was support him as well. Someone see if you can wake him. Don't you know when people faint they can hurt their self with a fall like that.?
    [​IMG]

9. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

There is a serious flaw in the plot:
    The Klingons obviously have better transporter tech than Starfleet and use it often. In order to transport you need coordinates. That said, they would have definately noticed the town moved 50 meters before they beamed.
    If they used the same coordinates they would have arrived in a different spot, if they scanned before they set coordinates they would have noticed anyways. You would think they scan everytime someone beams down to make sure there isn't something new in the spot you're beaming to, like a piece of machinery or people?
    B&B suck. They couldn't write their way out of a paper bag.[​IMG] Without Gene's influence Trek has lost its way. There is dismal writing and no moral compass. Without these two things the show isn't worth watching. At least they had the good sense to remove "Trek" from the name. Paramount isn't likely to cancel any "Trek" any time soon because it is their cash-cow. We can only hope Patrick Stewart can raise Nemesis to a higher level, but with Gene gone I doubt even Stewart alone (with Brent Spiner) can carry the series. As you can tell, my expectations aren't high.
    As for blocking out Enterprise, being there really is no other SF on broadcast TV (no cable for me) there isn't much choice. Smallville is the closest thing to it, but I'd consider that more fantasy than SF (excellent though it is).Go out and buy all the TNG sets on DVD and you realize how good Trek used to be, and the dismal reality of the situation today. Ugh.
    Here's hoping all the decent SF shows of the past make it to DVD. Plenty to watch with B5, Red Dwarf, TNG, Blakes7, UFO, Space:1999 and hopefully more to come.

10. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Mark Turetsky wrote:

11. Roberto Carlo

Roberto Carlo Second Unit

12. Andy_R

Andy_R Stunt Coordinator

This plot was much more effective when it was in A Bug's Life.

The people on the planet = The ants
    The Klingons = The grasshoppers
    The Enterprise Crew = The circus bugs

I was surprised that Trip or Archer did not come up with the idea of building a giant bird to scare away the Klingons.

-Andy

13. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

You people take this much too seriously. It's only television, for Pete's sake!
    BTW: Didn't I see this town location shifting in a movie once. I think it was called Blazing Saddles.[​IMG]

14. Paul Case

Paul Case Supporting Actor

The episode was truly awful. If it hadn't been for T'Pol's new tight white bodysuit I would have stopped watching halfway through. [​IMG]

15. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

worst.episode.ever.

There were just too many plot holes in this one.

16. Ron McBadger

Ron McBadger Stunt Coordinator

Whats sad is that the FireFly episode played last week was better than the Enterprise Episode this week.

And I will repeat again for those that do not know...Farscape had/has more action/plot in the first 3 minutes than 4 episodes of Enterprise and Firefly combined.

17. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    andy_r i agree with you and said the same thing to my wife when we watched the show.

it's too bad this show isn't doing anything to enhance the star trek universe.

18. David Forbes

David Forbes Supporting Actor

Wow. I almost tuned into this one because I thought, Hey, how badly can they screw up marauding Klingons? Of the five or so Enterprise episodes I watched last year, my favorite line was when the Klingon in the holodeck said, "I can see my house!"

I guess I'm glad I didn't break my year-old moratorium on the show to watch this. But it sure it fun reading about how all you guys torture yourselves with this crap every week. It's definitely more entertaining than the show!

19. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

20. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor