What's new

ENTERPRISE 02/05/'03: "Stigma" (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the ending of this episode I didn't need to see. I already had my own version that I could relate to in today's society, and AIDS wasn't it.

But that is still not the place to advertise this. I know that at the end of "Without A Trace" they'll post a real missing person, and I like that. Missing people is what the show is about.

However, and this is what I don't want to see.. having the
'message' shoved down your throat.

A few years ago I watched the Cosby show when it started, and it was great, but after a few season his degree got the better of him and every show was just another lesson that every child should learn. Time to turn the channel.

Glenn

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Unfortuantley, taking on social issues will usually come across as heavy handed. The generally more useful way to do it is rather than taking on social issues (unless they work literally within the context of the show) is to take on philosophical issues that have social implications. This tends to come across as more universal and less tranparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks