What's new

ENTERPISE 2/12/'03: "Cease Fire" (1 Viewer)

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
[Ahem] That's "trekkERs", thanks.
Sorry, Rex :) I know there's two schools of thought as to which is the definative term.. I thought I was using the "good" one.

As for Archer's seemingly (to me, anyway) off-the-cuff statement about joining the larger community.. I sincerly do hope that it WAS a hint at things to come (ie. the Federation etc), and that they've cut their losses with the disasterous "temporal cold war" crap. There's MUCH more relevent subject matter to be explored and fleshed out, I don't know what possessed them to pursue something that doesn't show up at all in the original series, or any of the later incarnations.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I sincerly do hope that it WAS a hint at things to come (ie. the Federation etc), and that they've cut their losses with the disasterous "temporal cold war" crap.
Just wait until next week, when they have the next TCW arc story, this time involving the Tholians. Should be interesting to see how they do Tholians with modern FX.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I've said it before and I'll say it again: latter day Trek owes much to Jeffrey Combs. Terrific actor, who has the ability to turn a mediocre script into an engaging one.

And special casting bonus this episode: Suzie Plakson, everyone's favourite tall alien woman, in an all-new disguise. :emoji_thumbsup:

For once I wanted an episode of Enterprise to go on longer - maybe even to make it a 2-parter. It would have been more interesting for example if Vulcans were found to be firing those Andorian weapons, perhaps in league with like-minded Andorians (and this make the Trek VI parallel more obvious).

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I liked this one. It was about an "issue" without being obvious or preachy.

Also, we're slowly building the basis for how the Vulcans end up in TOS.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Although, if Archer was really like Kirk. He would have slept with the Andorian chick. ;)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
If it involves the anodrians or the temporal cold war ill watch. Otherwise its old rehash

capt

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I finally saw this on Tivo last night. The show is showing signs of clearly getting better. The last few eps have been better than the early season 2 shows. I liked how the are painting the Earthers, Andorians, and Vulcans as the trio of races that will usher in this Grand Federation. We need more of these types of shows. I Think were they may be heading is tieing this cold War into the Birth of the Federation Plotline by having these races work together to battle the threat. Maybe they can toss in the Earth/Rom war.
Archer's been Better, T'pol's been better, of course Phlox is always good. Characterizations are fine. If they can work out some decent stories we could be in for a treat.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Finally saw this episode on last nights repeat. At least what I WAS able to get out of it without UPN interupting with weather statements, and the 'sponser commercial' afterward.

This is one of my favorite Season 2 episodes by Far, and as others have stated, Mr.Combs is a graet actor and has a great character that adds to the series. Too bad they can't keep this level of writing up for the rest of season 2..

Speaking of wich, I've just been watching most of Season 1 on tape again, before I throw them out for the eventual DVD release. Season 1 wasn't too bad. Only a few groaners here and there, and it kept my interest. Season 2 seems to have alot of the re-hashes from other Trek eps.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Season 2 seems to have alot of the re-hashes from other Trek eps.
Agreed. I hope the guys holding the reins are catching holy hell for the way they've handled (or have allowed B&B to handle) this season, and will pull out the "good" episodes they've been holding in reserve. If we're lucky, they might even get their head out of their asses and clue into what is and isn't acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks