What's new

Enter the Matrix, who's buying? (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah i could actually stand the odd camera angles, and the less then great graphics as im having fun while running around, cartwheeling and blowing stuff up. But the times you have to drive are HORRIBLE.

Not to get a persons case or anything but wasnt there actually someone on this forum that worked on the game. If so, I would just like to ask nicely what happened? was the game rushed out the door?

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Have any of you guys experienced audio dropouts? I've gotten a couple so far, namely the scene where the twins make their first appearance (not yet sure if they return). I think I've gotten about three so far, all during the cinematic sequences. :thumbsdown:

I hadn't planned on buying this one but I caved in this weekend. It has been pretty fun, grenade launcher armed cartwheels and all.

Oh yeah, is there any good reason for the cars to have square wheels? Man that bugs me...

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Is anyone else upset that parts of the plot are quite different from what happens in Reloaded? I think I'll just forget "Enter the Matrix" ever happened.

Howie A

Second Unit
I am familiar with DOS which this HACKING thing seems to be based on and I cant seem to get much to work.. I logged in and released what it called a second drive which shows file names of FMVs and IMGs. I was hoping to get a glance at before I returned it to blockbuster.. Oh well. If anyone get the hand of it can you post some instructions please?
What is the Multi player fighting code I see on these cheat sites meant to do?
I know what it sounds like but I tried it and I have not noticed a change in the game at all..

Chris_Eff

Stunt Coordinator
Scott, Jump off the bridge when sparks tells you to get the flashlight. Run back the direction you came from and pick up the gun. The flashlight will work when you arm yourself with a gun.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Howie,

For the hacking game, just make sure to go through all the directories. There really isn't any payoff for going through the hacking portion other than the ability to play video from the game.

In case you're really stuck, here's something to help you out.

After you gain access to B:, do "DIR B:TOOLS". The directory is password protected but it's REALLY easy to crack. It's a 5 digit binary sequence. You can keep entering guesses and it will tell you how many digits you have correct.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
David,

I'll have to go back and re-watch the FMV, but I'm pretty sure
Morpheus and Trinity are standing there when the guy comes in and say "It's the Feds", and Niobe tells the other captains to "get to your exits".

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine got this game over the weekend and is having a blast. When I mentioned the graphics and camera, he said the game was so cool he didn't care about any of those problems.

Man, now I want this game! I should probably see the movie, too.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Since this game's release last week there have been little to no official reviews, just lots of hype (with the exception of the Times article I posted a few pages back). Something tells me that reviewers for all the major gamesites either 1) had their hands full with E3, 2) were so blown away by the exceptional gameplay :rolleyes:that they couldn't pry themselves away or 3) Shiny and the Wachowskis just won an award for most effective blind marketing ploy of the year.

~j

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I thought so as well.

I've finished as Niobe and overall I'd give the game a solid B rating. The action bits are a whole lot of fun, especially when you get the Force kicks and punches down cold.

Plus there's something kind of exciting about playing the game parallel to what's going on in the movie. I'll never look at that Power Plant explosion (in the movie) the same way again! That sabotage took a LOT of work! ;)

Also, I think it's near-impossible to beat Seraph as Niobe the first time around. Once you finish the game, go back to the Teahouse level, beat Seraph's butt, and then you'll be treated to several levels in which many Agent Smiths hunt you down like a dog. Fun!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
David the cutscene you are talking about begins with the opening of that meeting. Its pretty much given that Morpheus arriving and the other footage of the movie including Neo fighting the agents happens before the "Feds are coming" . Its a bad editing job for the game cut scene but like Howie said, it fills in the blanks so to speak. Its completely on the level with the movie.

Howie A

Second Unit
I think there is more to this game and the hacking section then most think.. I was at best buy today and happened to pick up and browse through one of those strategy guides and noticed a code to unlock two player battle mode with Neo, Morpheus and Trinity, along with the people from the game.
The screen shots look sweet. I have yet to unlock that even with the given code from an earlier post...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, if we could keep each other up on the Hacking section that would be cool. I made it to the 'end' of the main Hacking section. (This happens once you talk to Link and he closes your connection.)

I've unlocked the sword thingie and Sparks' Training Construct (which is hard) and from another message board I got a seemingly pointless extra phone number with which to call Persephone.

If anyone needs help getting through the main portion let me know.

And if any of you discover anything interesting, please post it here!

Howie A

Second Unit
I just figured out the two player thing..
Not bad although each person has a very similar (if not the same) fighting style.
Is the sword thing is that on the 3rd or 4th part of the bonus stage?

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
The reviews seem to be that this game is so-so. I am really torn on getting this or not. It's on sale for $40 U.S. so I was wondering if it's worth that or just a rental?

Thanks

Ell

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks