Enter the Matrix or Splinter Cell (GC)?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BertFalasco, May 18, 2003.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Well I have some left over prom money and I am looking for a enw game to play as I haven't been able to play games in a long time now..

I need to just relax and play a fun entertaining game.
    Feel free to make other suggestions, but on the whole (naughty pun :b ) which is funner?

-Bert

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

There is no question - Splinter Cell. Splinter Cell is "Game of the Year" quality. Enter the Matrix is below average.

Get Splinter Cell and rent Enter the Matrix. You won't be disappointed.

-Dave

3. BertFalasco

What I guess I am somewhat afraid of is the normal Tom Clancy first person action. The seemingly too fast paced movements and interface, but it looks very intriguing.

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I have both for x-box , but i would say go with splinter cell. Its a very good game. The matrix is a ok game. Its fun to play if your in the mood for some matrix action, but its not even as close to good as splinter cell

5. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I havent played Enter the Matrix, and probably wont, but Splinter Cell is outstanding. I played on the PC, so I had the advantage of being able to save whenever I wanted. Get Splinter Cell, you wont be sorry. It's not 1st person, BTW, it's 3rd person, and it's not a twitch fest either, a lot of it is about how well you can sneak around and not draw any attention to yourself.

6. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Splinter Cell is without question one of the best games I have played since Halo. Very, very good (I own the Xbox version).

I don't own the matrix, however, as I understand it it's a pretty good game, but likely one to rent or purchase when the price drops.

7. BertFalasco

Well, you guys sold me. Thanks

-Bert

8. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

Good call on Splinter Cell. It's the absolute best combination of Thief/Thief II and the Rainbow Six series.

9. BertFalasco

Well, I decided to go give Enter the Matrix a test run on PS2 at my friends house (man his basement is so nice) and I must say, I find that very fun, but can tell you have to be in the mood post excitement of first playing it to pick up the controller again (unless for the FMVs).

He let me play a bit of the Waterway (the part where you need the flashlight to advance [odd that it was on that part because I remember reading a post where someone didn't know where it was]) and I was doing some "phat" Focus moves. I watched until he got to Waterway 3 and then he showed me unique DOS hacking interface...very damn cool.

Oh well fellas, I just picked Splinter Cell from my revamped Best Buy (plasmas with furniture and XBOX connected and Alienware usage sections with spiffy furniture and broadband). I will fire it up once I clean the kitchen.

Thanks a lot buddies!

-Bert

10. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Have both on the XBox - Splinter Cell, hands down.