What's new

Enter the Dragon - 30th Anniv Edition (1 Viewer)

Danny_Tam

Agent
From what I understand there will be an Enter the Dragon 30th Anniversary edition DVD coming out soon. David Tadman (who conducts a lot of interviews and research for martial arts magazines) has begun spilling some beans on his contribution to the project, in the form of a new "Making of" documentary to be included on the disc.

It will have new footage from film originally shot by Henry Wong for a documentary (only a small portion wound up being used, the rest was believed to have been discarded), and possibly the unseen Ahna Capri footage that she shot on the set on Super8 (color). She caught a lot of interesting behind the scenes moments, including Bob Wall sparring with Bruce Lee!

I don't know anything else about this DVD right now. I wonder if it will have a new transfer? The old one on the 25th edition was surprisingly good, although I think it would've been even better with less edge enhancement.

Anyways, if anyone else here has caught wind of this DVD, please share what you know. :)

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ yeah, that's weird. Anyways, I just bought the 25th Anniversary version not a while ago. :frowning:

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
Umm, er, yeah, something like that...

I got mine for $7 at Columbia House to replace my old VHS copy, so not a big deal even if the new one turns out to be a must have.

Dan

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I have the original release that I bought ages ago... sounds like a good time to upgrade.

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
Wow, good to hear. I have all of Lee's other movies and for some reason always put off getting Enter the Dragon. Now I'm glad I did.

John Stockton

Second Unit
Besides a new transfer I like to see a good commentary on the new disc. The previous disc has one of the weakest commentaries I have ever heard. Paul Heller the Producer rarely speaks during the commentary and there are long gaps of silence.

Too bad that both the Star and the Director have passed away. I would have loved to hear a team commentary be Lee and Clouse.

Danny_Tam

Agent
Just got word that this disc will be released on July 22nd for Region 1. You can pre-order at bestbuy.com but it's not listed at amazon.com yet.

Danny_Tam

Agent
Hahahhaa.... thanks for the heads up. I guess the 30th Anniv disc is coming out a bit later this year then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks