Enter the Dragon - 30th Anniv Edition

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Danny_Tam, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Danny_Tam

Danny_Tam Agent

From what I understand there will be an Enter the Dragon 30th Anniversary edition DVD coming out soon. David Tadman (who conducts a lot of interviews and research for martial arts magazines) has begun spilling some beans on his contribution to the project, in the form of a new "Making of" documentary to be included on the disc.

It will have new footage from film originally shot by Henry Wong for a documentary (only a small portion wound up being used, the rest was believed to have been discarded), and possibly the unseen Ahna Capri footage that she shot on the set on Super8 (color). She caught a lot of interesting behind the scenes moments, including Bob Wall sparring with Bruce Lee!

I don't know anything else about this DVD right now. I wonder if it will have a new transfer? The old one on the 25th edition was surprisingly good, although I think it would've been even better with less edge enhancement.

Anyways, if anyone else here has caught wind of this DVD, please share what you know. [​IMG]

2. Dan Kaplan

Dan Kaplan Stunt Coordinator

Doh! I just got the 25th Anniversary Edition 2 weeks ago...

Dan

3. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Good thing I only paid $10 for the 25th Anniversary, or I'd be annoyed.

4. Tim RH

Tim RH Second Unit

Do only guys named "Dan" like this movie? [​IMG]

5. Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai Supporting Actor

^ yeah, that's weird. Anyways, I just bought the 25th Anniversary version not a while ago. [​IMG]

6. Dan Kaplan

Dan Kaplan Stunt Coordinator

Umm, er, yeah, something like that...

I got mine for $7 at Columbia House to replace my old VHS copy, so not a big deal even if the new one turns out to be a must have.

Dan

7. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

I wouldn't be surprised to see it show up as one of their 2 Disc SE's sometime this fall.

Matt

8. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

I have the original release that I bought ages ago... sounds like a good time to upgrade.

9. Adam Portrais

Adam Portrais Stunt Coordinator

Wow, good to hear. I have all of Lee's other movies and for some reason always put off getting Enter the Dragon. Now I'm glad I did.

10. John Stockton

John Stockton Second Unit

Besides a new transfer I like to see a good commentary on the new disc. The previous disc has one of the weakest commentaries I have ever heard. Paul Heller the Producer rarely speaks during the commentary and there are long gaps of silence.

Too bad that both the Star and the Director have passed away. I would have loved to hear a team commentary be Lee and Clouse.

11. Danny_Tam

Danny_Tam Agent

Just got word that this disc will be released on July 22nd for Region 1. You can pre-order at bestbuy.com but it's not listed at amazon.com yet.

12. Garry Cowell

Garry Cowell Stunt Coordinator

13. Danny_Tam

Danny_Tam Agent

Hahahhaa.... thanks for the heads up. I guess the 30th Anniv disc is coming out a bit later this year then.