What's new

Enough space? and advice wanted (1 Viewer)

TimmyV

Auditioning
Hi, I am seeking advice. I have a garage I would like to make a theater room.. I am limited in space so my first question is. Is a 15 feet x 11 feet worth doing? And if so, I only have a $10,000.00 budget for equipment. I was thinking an NEC HT1000 proj. but I still need speakers and such, I have a 1000 series Yamaha reciever, I know it won't hold a candle to what some of you folks have but like I said I am on a budget... I was hoping that all your knollage here could assist me with ideas... Oh yeah the room will have no windows and the door will be middle rear of the room... And advice is welcome .. Thanks TimmyV

Brian.Huep

Agent
I am in the process right now of doing a 15x11 foot basement. My only limitation is the ceiling height which is 6' 10" So I can only get a 100" diag 16:9 screen in there. I am doing this with a budget of about 2500. I had speakers and receiver though.

I think you would be plenty fine. I have seen a ton of people with smaller areas then us.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
If you're going to use a projector, then that size should be more than enough. As long as you're not trying to seat more than 4 people at a time. More seats than that might pose a space problem.

As for equipment.....for a room that small, I would think $10,000 would get you a great system.

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
TimmyV... have you built your home theater in your garage yet?

Very curious to know progress and see some pics.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks