What's new

Enough of the loud mouth cell phone users! (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
She must have been talking extremely loud for the police to say something about it.. and people standing right next to you yelling into a machine is never pleasant. So yea, I'm glad she got arrested even though it was probably a tad harsh.
biggrin.gif

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
She should of texted or im'd. She should also thank the cop for saving her some money as most likely she'll need it to give her kid some things in life.
thumbsup.gif

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
She committed a breach of the peace. (which she admitted to)

When an officer gave her a WARNING, she got arguementative with him saying, "You can't tell me how loud I can talk."

When the officer put his hands on her to stop her, she FOUGHT HIM!

HER actions determined the course of events. If she would have simply apologized for her behavior, she probably wouldn't have even gotten a ticket. But instead, SHE escalated things by HER words and actions to the point where an arrest was necessary.

If a citizen thinks that an officer is out of line, the time and place to argue that is in front of a judge, not on a crowded Metro platform.

Phil_L

Second Unit
After 7 years of living in DC I learned that many people there have no respect for police authority of any kind. Seems she escalated the situation. Would have been alot easier if she just talked more softly when asked. Why do people fight cops who make legit requests to obey the law?

Transit Police Deputy Chief said in the article:

"The issue is [that] the volume of her conversation, coupled with the language, is not conducive to socially accepted standards of behavior."

Amen. I hate loud cell phone offenders. I always appreciated the vigilance of Metro cops when I rode the rails.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks