What's new

Enough already Fox. Are we EVER going to see WKRP released? (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
So Joe, if you really, really wanted A Hard Day's Night, and it wasn't available at all, except in a version in which all of the Beatles dialogue and music was dubbed by the women on The View, you'd buy it cause at least you'd have something that way?

TVFan

Agent
Real Name
Mark
Good New Good News American Life Will Be Airing This Shom In July And They Do Not Edit Their Shows So It Might Be A Good Chance WE Will See The Music Back Where They Belong Again. I Am Going To Get My DVD-R Ready Just In Case It Aires The Music Better Than Nick@Nite A Few Years Back.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I highly doubt there will be any difference. They lost the music rights for broadcast as well. Funny, they could have always renegotiated for broadcast and included video in the deal.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
So much of the show is intact. Yes it is horrible they the episodes were cut at all, but I am still thoroughly enjoying watching these episodes. I realize that some people have impossible expectations... and it's unfortunate because again, there is enjoyment to be had here of a classic and for a cheap price.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Although does anyone even have American Life? That is the Rev. Sung Myung Moon owned channel, isn't it? It used to be the Nostalgia Channel? I remember once seeing a cable system in Florida that carried it (back before it changed names) but haven't seen it since. They supposedly have a lot of good reruns on it.

And I would think it would be the same syndicated cuts.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
My local cable company carries American Life. Contrary to what a poster said above, they do air syndicated cuts of their series.

Currently they run a lot of Warner programming (Maverick, Kung FU, Sunset Strip, Man from UNCLE, FBI, etc.). They recently made a deal with Fox to air some of their shows. So, we'll be seeing WKRP, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, etc. soon.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It would be very unusual for any network, especially a small one, to air full-length episodes. They air what's made available to them. In the case of WKRP, at least we will not be paying for the edited eps and can instead see them for free.

Hopefully AmericanLife TV will soon be added to DirecTV as they seem to be adding more and more new channels. But I'm not holding my breath.

TVFan

Agent
Real Name
Mark
DID Nick@NITE Aired This Show with alot of the music because I know some songs were edited out. Do You think they took more songs out since then?

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I read an interview with their programming VP and he said the shows will be uncut because he hates edited programming as much as viewers do.

TVFan

Agent
Real Name
Mark
so do you think it a good chance we see more of the music if it is unedited or the same as nick@nite airings.?

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

They're getting this from Fox (along with other MTM productions) so I suspect it'll be the same package Fox sent out to Nick at Nite, the Comedy Network etc. -- with music changes. Fox may not even have the original music versions, and they're certainly not interested in clearing the music for broadcast.

However, if it is the N@N/Comedy Network version, it will include some music and dialogue that was cut on the DVDs like the Pink Floyd sequence and Jennifer's doorbell.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Thanks for the update. That would be a change in policy for them and a welcome one. The flipside is that the episodes will likely be timesped. They gotta run those commercials! Do you have a link to this interview?

I still have a sneaky suspicion that shows like WKRP will still be syndicated cuts. In this day of DVD recorders and digital cable/satellite it is not likely Fox is going to provide full length masters for broadcast that will be more appealing than the DVDs on the marketplace.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i guess you meant this release of 'krp sucks, not the show itself.

jcase

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
MUSIC WRITERS, PRODUCERS, ETC., PLEASE NOTE:

That Journey licensed "Don't Stop Believin'" for The Sopranos finale and now Journey is getting TONS of publicity. Journey members being interviewed on TV, by Entertainment Weekly, etc. More articles everyday. This will trickle down into SALES as new demand for your music. The song has reached #30 on iTunes downloads putting CASH into your pockets. Where would this song be if it WASN'T LICENSED? Also in people's minds FOREVER when watching the show over and over when it comes out on DVD.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE! LICENSE YOUR MUSIC FOR DVD PRODUCTION!

A lesson to be learned....

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry

If I didn't already have Journey's Greatest Hits (as implausable as that is) I'd be buying now and I didn't even watch the episode (not a fan, yet). But all the publicity had me craving that song.

REally, I can't understand why I can't pay 88 cent for each song used on Season 1 of WKRP. That's the same price I pay for songs at Walmart.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks