Ennio Morricone has died at 91!

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
So far, 2020 has been a terrible year with so many deaths. May he R.I.P.

• Sad
Reactions: PMF and Jake Lipson

Walter Kittel

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
One of the all time greats. As has been observed for other artists leaving this realm, we (and future generations) will be able to experience his artistry for countless years into the future. In that sense he will live on for likely centuries.

R.I.P. Mr. Morricone and thanks for the richness that your art brought to the world.

- Walter.

Reactions: PMF and Tino

Bernard McNair

Second Unit
Real Name
Bernard McNair
A great composer who has left the world with so many beautiful scores that will survive as long as there are cinema music lovers.
Vale Maestro and thank you.

Reactions: PMF

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
The man was responsible for so many great musical scores. As a fan of spaghetti westerns, Mr. Morricone wrote many of the scores to some of my favorite films. He will be missed. RIP.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
The years are unkind - and nowhere more heartfelt are the losses than in the world of entertainment, where one life can touch so many, so deeply for so long. Hail and farewell to another immortal of the silver screen. We are all sincerely blessed to have felt the passion through your celebrated masterworks in movie-land composition.

• Appreciate

atcolomb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Angelo
Read the book Ennio Morricone: In His Own Worlds that came out last year and he talks about working with directors and how he composed some of his famous film scores.

bujaki

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
With over 500 credits to his name... I had been listening to his scores, quite unaware, since at least 1967, my college freshman year. No one can touch him for the mastery of several genres and for his prolific output.
I can think of, in no particular order of preference:
The 3 Leone/Eastwood collaborations
The Mission
Once upon a Time...America
Once upon a Time...il West
Cinema Paradiso
The Legend of 1900
The Untouchables
Queimada (Burn!)
Days of Heaven
Moses (TV movie)
Many gialli and so on...
I started collecting his soundtracks and had to give up...
Arrivederla, Maestro, riposa in pace.
Grazia pella sua vita, pel suo talento.

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This sucks, but at least he lived a long time and left behind an extraordinary body of work that will continue to be enjoyed for generations to come. May he rest in peace.

He also has the unusual distinction, if you could call it that, of being the last person ever to win an Oscar for a film produced by Harvey Weinstein with his Best Score win for The Hateful Eight.

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I can’t think of anyone who changed film music more than Morricone. He’ll always be legendary.

Bernard McNair

Second Unit
Real Name
Bernard McNair
We rewatched the extended version of Cinema Paradiso this evening. A great film which is to me a perfect fusion of image with the glorious score of Maestro Morricon.

PMF

Cinematographer
Supporter
Real Name
Philip
A genius now resides in paradise.

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Far and away my favorite film composer. So creative with use of so many different instruments mixed in with the orchestra. So much of his music brings tears to my eyes no matter how many times I hear it. I own 25-30 soundtracks on CD. Very powerful. R.I.P. to a true genius.

• Agreed
  • Appreciate
Reactions: PMF and bujaki

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bats8711