ENIGMA's MCMXCII (or SADENESS) to be re-released Jan 13

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mark_TS, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

what was once botched in REMEMBER THE FUTURE will now be complete- the complete 40-odd minute free form movie-of MCMXCII will be released Jan 13. This will include ALL the songs and the linking musical bits.
    WHY they didnt do this the first time around is a mystery-

I can now get rid of my Japanese Laserdisc

2. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

3. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

I like Enigma, but unfortunately, all their music is the same. Every CD is like 75% rehashing of older stuff.

4. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

it was all 7 songs all from the album, but some are the longer remix versions-and there are scenic 2-3 minute musical interludes linking each song, and a prologue.
    This is assuming the same as the Laserdisc.
    With some very lush photography, I hope they 16x9 it-it was 4:3 originally

5. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Hate to thread crap here but since the labels aren't doing much to advertise their own product.........

This CD, Etterna by Emma Shapplin sounds somewhat similar to Enigma (for some reason Cduniverse.com picked some unhelpful samples--on Amazon's French site is where I previously heard the Enigma-like samples). Has anybody bought the 5.1 dvd-audio version of it? If you have could you please write a short review of it, because I would really like to buy this but have been burned too many times now by lousy surround titles. I don't care that its 48kHz PCM--just want to make sure the sound itself & mix is O.K.

Thanks.

BTW: does anybody else think labels ought to release more much-loved niche music on hi-res that has a loyal following (Spock's Beard, Tool, etc) rather than bunches of "popular" stuff that most people simply just mildly like (i.e. the audio wallaper concept) but have little interest in re-buying in hi-res or surround form?

LJ

6. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

I agree. do we really need hi rez STING?

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I picked up Voyeur when it came out. I didn't even know it was coming, but they were playing it at the store on the release day, so I picked it up. I like most of it. Great basslines on some of the tracks, worth the $$ if you like them, particularly their previous album.

I have to disagree that the albums are so much rehash of previous material, though there are samples even on the Voyeur from MCMXCII. I found each album to offer something slightly different, and I kind of like the references to the older material.

8. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

well, HELL Mr. Cretu-

it looks like you used the same D-1 master used on the VHS/Laserdisc of 10 years ago ported over to the DVD-and you could have given it 16x9 enhancement!

wotta rip.