What's new

Enigma of Kaspar Hauser (1 Viewer)

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Just noticed that this was released this week. I have been waiting years to get this. Did anyone pick it up yet? How is the Disc? I am going to get it no matter what but if I hear it's great I will have to pick it up ASAP.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
It's an Anchor Bay disc, so it will likely be very good, if not great. Unfortunately their discs seem more prone to "dvd-rot," layer-seperation or what ever you want to call it.

It has a commentary from Herzog. The one he did for Aguirre was excellent. Will post more upon receiving the disc.

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
This one is a must have - as soon as I get my disc I will let you know just HOW GOOD it really is - ahh, this is one great month for film enthusiasts... . :)
Sebastian. :)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
HEART OF GLASS, which just arrived, is simply PRISTINE. Awesome for a small budget film from 1975. I am expecting the same of KASPAR HAUSER.

I have also heard that Anchor Bay will be rereleasing NOSFERATU with a 16:9 transfer later this year. It already looked good, and now it will look great.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
I've got all 6 new Anchor Bay Herzog DVDs on order... can't wait to check them out! All 4 films have Herzog commentaries (the other two are documentaries).

Doug D

Stunt Coordinator
Herzog fans should also take note of Image's upcoming GESUALDO: DEATH FOR FIVE VOICES, which ships next month, I think. A documentary Herzog-style, I just got to see it Sunday. It's not top-drawer Herzog, but fans and classical music lovers will enjoy it, and it may get lost amidst the slew of other Herzog releases.
I'm too lazy to link, but I just reviewed the film (which just happened to screen in Portland on Sunday) on www.mhvf.net for those curious to know more.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I can't wait to get Heart of Glass and The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a bit longer as I pre-ordered them with Children of Paradise CC. Ah well, plenty of other stuff to watch in the meantime. And I can always listen to the HoG soundtrack while I'm waiting...

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Heart of Glass is one of my top ten films - and my DVD just arrived today !
Lessons of Darkness by Herzog also arrived today - an incredible documentary, perhaps the best ever. It is about the aftermath of the Gulf War, set, strangely enough, to classical music. Very topical after the events of 9/11. It's certainly grim, but well worth seeing. Included for free is another DVD documentary by Herzog about mirages in the desert, called Fata Morgana.

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
Jack, how do you count 6? I just thought it's 5 new releases... - please help me out. :)
Thank you,
Sebastian.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I've got the 3 features on order but they haven't arrived yet. Didn't order the documentaries. I've never seen any of them, can't wait.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I just got my shipping notice for KASPAR HAUSER from DDD today (only a little late fellas!).

It's my favorite Herzog film, bar none, and I can't wait to finally see it in a format that should do it justice.

Just. Can't. Wait.

(But looks like I'll have to...)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Mine shipped today too Al, oddly though, it was the only one. Strozek, Heart of Glass, and Mad Max didn't ship from the same order.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Sebastian,
on 1/8, Anchor Bay released:
Strozeck
Enigma Of Kasper Hauser
Heart Of Glass
Little Dieter Needs To Fly
Lessons Of Darkness / Fata Morgana (packaged together)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks