What's new

engine that runs off air (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Christ, I did mention that it was a "sort of" joke in my post so no explanation was necessary. I called it that because the same conspiracy theory (the oil business collapse) is a favorite of CT nuts connected to David Mamet's "The Water engine" story from years ago....like I said...a joke...obscure, but a joke.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Despite their inherent energy liability (I'm squarely in Michael's corner in this discussion), I can think of a few uses for these things:

1. Tranportation through mine shafts, around oil refineries, within hazardous waste disposal sites or warehouses,or any other place where unintended gas leaks make using an internal combustion engine or even an electric motor a safety hazard.

2. Transportation within the vicinity of a radio telescope. Use of ICE and electric motors produces VERY unwanted EMR at these sites.

3. Transportation of tourists through grottos, caves, rainforests, or other "natural wonder" sites that could be adversely affected by the exhaust of even a single bus making several trips a day.

Otherwise, when they make a cell phone that runs on compressed air, then I'll be impressed.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

:D I use that at work all the time whenever someone is having a hard time with a job or figuring something out.

You and about four other people recognized what it was from.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
well, in real life, when i say something sarcastic-like, i usually dont smile, so i figured i'd be as dry here. or, how do you know i wasnt being sincere with that statement, i may actually believe it (winky-smiley)

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks