Energy's new XL series

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Danny Tse, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Energy's new XL series of speakers is on their website. One floorstanding and one bookshelf model, plus the center channel. Check it out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. John Dunlap

John Dunlap Stunt Coordinator

Interesting. I just parted ways with a pair of the old e:XL 26's that I had for the last 4 years. Not a bad pair of speakers for what I paid. The new line looks almost the same with the exception of the silver baffle and woofers.

I wonder how these are positioned vs. the Connoisseurs. Also, I wonder if they will be adding more models to the line. All they have shown is one tower model, one bookshelf and a Center. There's got to be more than that, no?

3. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I think if Energy comes out with more XL series models, then they will run into taking away sales from their Connoisseur series. I have the Connoisseur C1 and compared it to the e:XL16 bookshelf, and it was a toss-up. I went with the Connoisseur C1 because I was thinking of picking up the matching center channel speaker at a later time; don't know how long the e:XL center channel will be available.