What's new

Energy's C-3, do a set them to large or small on receiver? (1 Viewer)

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
I've had these for about four months and was always using them on "small" setting on my receiver. But I was wondering if it's better to run them in "large" or leave as small. Can they handle the bass? My receiver's cutoff frequency at "small" is 90Hz.

-Vic

Adam.Gonsman

Stunt Coordinator
A huge debate always ensues any time someone tries to generalize over large and small reccomendations and there's always a whole slew of postings about special exceptions and testimony to support both sides. So here's to opening a can of worms :D

My own feeling after looking at the specs of the C-3 is to leave them on small. The 40hz area is is usually adequate for most music, but for theater where liberal use of much lower frequncies occurs, 40hz isn't very low. I'm sure you're losing a little potential of the speakers this way as they do get good response below 90hz, but you'll almost certainly be losing sound in home theater use. So in a compromise, I would set them to small so the sub gets the signal the C-3's can't play even though it means the sub is also getting some that they could.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I have the C5s and set them small, so you may be able to figure out what I would do with the 3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks