Energy XL series new? Because I cant find reviews?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Alex-F-V, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Alex-F-V

Alex-F-V Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if the Energy XL series is new (or relatively new) because I cant find a single thing about them other than on the energy website, and we all know they are not going to call out any flaws they might have. I've been searching for days on any information about them and have not found a single thing. Not even how much they cost!
    Does anyone know anything about these speakers... the only things I can find out about in the energy line are about the take series, the old e:xl series, and the veritas line.
    Are the Xl series and the connisuer(sp) series the "ugly ducklings" of the energy lines.
    Does anyone know anything about these speakers? Or know of any reviews about them?

Oh great Home Theater Forum! Please help me![​IMG]

Alex

PS. I cant even audition these out anywhere, no one near me has them... [​IMG]

2. Christopher E

Christopher E Stunt Coordinator

As far as I remember the e:xl line was updated last summer, around the time when I got my e:xl 25's. The update was mostly to simplify the line (the old e:xl series consisted of 8 speakers). Also, the speaker grilles were extended to cover the tweeters. When the new line came out I read that they sounded very similar (although they apparantly have new crossovers), but haven't actually heard the new line to compare.

3. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Yes, Energy :xl line is an older lineup of their speakers and were (and still are) a solid performer.