What's new

Energy vs Polk (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Anyone have either the Energy exl25, the Energy Verita 2.3, or Polk RT200i main speakers? If so I was wondering what you guys think of them. I'm thinking about upgrading my mains in the future and was looking at these two brands since I can demo them here in Fresno. Of course I will judge them with my own ear, but good or bad personal experiences with them also help. If anyone has the new line of Polks that would help me too.

Also, I saw that someone from audioreview.com was complaining that the RT2000i is rated at 55W continuous. Does this mean that the speaker will basically have 55W at all times and wont' go below but it doesn't mean that it will peak or stay at 55W? Am I off base here? As always any help is appreciated.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I own the 2000i's, and they are great speakers. I use them for everyday,ht,music ...and they get a lot of use. I have personaly not heard the Energy speakers... I can only speak for what I have...
check out my link below.... :D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Allen, I have Energy e:XL 25s in my second stereo system. For $500, they are very nice speakers. Certainly not all-world, but they are quite good. I have not heard the Energy Veritas V2.3s, but I would expect them to be much better than the e:XL 25s given the price difference. I have heard the V2.1s on a few occasions, and they are O.K., but they never struck me as great. My brother has the V2.2s, and they are good speakers. Definitely better than the 2.1s. I have no experience with the Polk speakers you mentioned.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Allen, the 55W continuous rating means the amp can sustain 55W, it doesn't mean that its always putting out that much. Sometimes manufacturers will list the peak output of the amp, which may be an ammount it can output only for a short period of time.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
did not see the amp question on the 2000i's. Basicaly the 2000i's have a 100w amp: 50watts continuous at the measured thd etc....

There is alos a volume control for the amp on the back of the speaker... I'm set @12:00 for mine and find that in my room it blends very nicely.

If your looking at the 2000i's for a "sub" replacement... I would think not... they still need a sub for HT....Hope I'm answering your q's..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks