Energy Veritas and Totem same store in GTA?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by James Slade, Oct 25, 2003.

1. James Slade

James Slade Second Unit

Does anyone know of a store in the GTA that carries both brands. I would like the chance to listen to them side by side. Anywhere from Bowmanville Brampton would be okay?

Other than Bay Bloor Radio! I would hope to get a better price than what I would probably get at B.B.R.

Thanks

2. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

You could always just listen to them at BBR and buy somewhere else. Maybe East Hamilton Radio has them? Otherwise check the manufacturers websites for authorized dealers if you haven't already.

3. James Slade

James Slade Second Unit

Totem doesn't list retailers on there website.

Now I am wondering if I should be giving a thought to Axiom!

4. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

I have also heard good things about Axiom. Have you auditioned Paradigm?

5. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

6. Taylor Assen

Taylor Assen Extra

A&B sound..... Just head west we carry both brands! Both very good.... LOVE THE TOTEMS!!!!

7. PaulKoss

PaulKoss Agent

Yes! At A&B there's no provincial sales tax! Save 8% over greedy screwed-up Ontario. Hard to believe this province has had a long succession of conservative governments. That's the right wing for you: not only violent, but expensive.

8. Shion_ca

Shion_ca Stunt Coordinator

Totem can be found at American Sound. They don't carry the Energies I believe.... Generally try to listen at a place you'd consider buying, and if you want to deal with Bay Bloor, go in with prices from other stores and ask for similar deals, at least that way you offer them a chance of earning your business.

9. James Slade

James Slade Second Unit

I have owned Paradigms. Studio 100s Studio 20s and did my parents system with the monitor series. I like Paradigms, but would like to try something different, I just need a change.

10. Eric.Stef

Eric.Stef Auditioning

James,

The Sound Room in Scarborough (2458 Kingston Rd) carries Totem Speakers. And while you are there listen to the Meadowlark Hotrod Kestrels, they will blow you away.

11. James Slade

James Slade Second Unit

Ideas for a center channel to use with Sttafs if I decided to go 5.1?

12. Paul Chalk

Mite T C

13. James Slade

James Slade Second Unit

Paul,

I was wondering if you would respond. I have been reading as many Totem threads as I can find, on various forums.

Totem doesn't mention ever using anything besides Dream Catchers for H.T. The Mite T C doesn't seem like it is made to match any of the floor standers. I know they do have those other surrounds also.

I know Home Theater isn't what these speakers are made for, that is why I want them. I am starting to wonder if maybe Totem plans on expanding their Home theather line up, there is certainly room and persons like me would buy.

The Sttaf seems like a good front speaker to me, but I worry about setting up the rest of the system, and getting a good matching sound.

How long has it been since Totem has updated their line-up, anyone know? (floor standers)

14. Paul Chalk

While Totem mostly caters to 2 channel, they are starting to get into HT more and more. Hence the recently released Dreamcatchers and lynks bipole/dipole speakers. They also just released a new sub, the Thunder, which looks like it may have been designed with HT in mind. I think they are starting to move away from bookshelf speakers as they've recently discontinued the Rokk and Tabu. I haven't heard of any plans for new floorstanders.

The Mite T C was designed to match the Sttaf, Arro, Mite and the now discontinued Rokk. While it won't be a perfect match for the Sttaf, it will be very close. If you want a perfect match, then you would need to go with the Mite T, as they are the same speaker, just sold in pairs.

Of course you could also spend more and get the Model 1 Signatures. They have a matching centre. And later on you can upgrade to the Mani-2 and move the Model 1 Sigs to the back. Now that would be a killer system. [​IMG] Not exactly cheap though.