1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Energy Take 5 System $$

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Francis, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Francis

Francis Auditioning

My Canadian friends. What is the going rate for this system, including the sub they reccomend with this set?
    And what receiver would you compliment it with? I'm on the verge of deciding and just need to know some costs and some reviews of this system.

2. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

Well ... I guess I'll be your American friend. [​IMG] I'd say take a look at http://www.audioshop.on.ca/. They sell the take 5 set for $400 CAN and the ExlS8 sub for $300 CAN. $700 is pretty good for this setup, and I had it for a while and was very happy with it. Check audioreview.com for reviews on the take 5 setup. It's a well liked sub/sat system, and really is a good value now that the new take set is out. As for a receiver, I'd maybe think about a Yamaha or a Sony DB series receiver. Just my opinions. Later

3. Scott_Johnson

Scott_Johnson Auditioning

I was just looking at this system myself out in Oakville.
    For the Take 5, it is going for 899 w/8" sub.
    The 5.2 is 1199.00 w/8" sub.
    The 5.2 is supposed to be much better, but I haven't gone in to audition the 2 yet.
    Scott