What's new

Energy Take 5.2 ? (1 Viewer)

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
Hey there,

I have the Denon AVR1603 and a surround package of low end 5.5" bookshelfs and 10" sub, all Pro-Linear. As these speakers aren't of greatest quality I was thinking of replacing them. I was just wondering how the Energy 5.2 does for music and whether they match up nicely with Denon.

Or do you guys just think I should keep the speakers I have and invest the extra money in better bookshelfs for stereo.

Cheers

Cyrus

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i think you had better invest for a better speakers. i have heard energy take 5.2, excellent for small room and home theater, but for music, i dont think so.

i have also used paradigm cinema cc70 all around ( with denon avr1802 ), they were similar to take 5.2, but for music i dont think i would recommend smaller speakers.

i am using boston acoustics vr-m50 and vr-mc now. but off course, these things were far more expensive.

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
does anyone else agree?

And how important are the quality of the rear surround speakers to HT in comparisin to the importance of fronts to music?

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
The importance of rears to HT is not nearly as great as that of mains to music. Not even close, in my opinion. I agree with Felix: If you are using your system for mostly HT, then the Energy set-up is a great choice. If you are geared more toward music, then I would strongly recommend putting your money into a nicer pair of mains. If you are more 50/50, maybe consider grabbing the best mains and center you can afford, and then adding a sub and rears later. That's how I built mine and it worked out well. I'm sure others will have different suggestions, though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks