What's new

Energy Take 5.2 stands (1 Viewer)

RussellC

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to get the Energy Take 5.2 speakers for my apartment. I have found them for a good price but I need to get the stands too. I can't find any e-tailers that carry them. Anyone know of any?

Thanks

-Russell

Neil Weinstock

Stunt Coordinator
Can't help you with the stands, but could you reveal your source for the speakers? Best I've come across so far is www.soundpros.com at $685.
Can you find the stands locally? They're not too expensive, don't know how much you'll save getting them shipped...

WillieWolf

Auditioning
how do you like yours? I just got take 5 +1 energy's or somethin :P they seem to work great for what i need in my room :)

BradZ

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a local dealer that carries the Energy line- give them a chance. He had the price for the 5.2 set and the 8.2 sub at $850. I told him I could get it on the net for less than $700. We did the usual what if something is broken or is the dealer authorized- yada yada, finally he said he'd sell the complete set to me for $710.00. Don't know where the $10.00 came from, but I jumped on it. I could have saved a little more, but it's nice to be able to bring it home without worrying about the UPS guy throwing it off the truck.

Most local dealers are willing to work with you, especially if you go there and browse a lot and bring friends with you and buy incidental cabling and such. Whatever you do, don't go in strong-arming. They don't mind cutting a deal that's fair for both of you.

As far as stands go, if you buy from a dealer he or she might be willing to work a deal with you on the stands. Otherwise you could get any stand from crutchfield or audio advisor that works with a mini speaker.

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I bought two sets of Energy Take 2.2 stands from Audioexcellence two weeks ago and they charged alot for shipping UPS ground. 60$ for both sets. I tried ordering the Take 5.2 with S8.2 sub set from Soundpros, but they never have it in stock and kept dicking me around saying another two weeks then another two weeks telling me that Energy Speakers has all distributors on back order status. I gave up and cancelled my order after a month of waiting around. I bought mine from Eric at Sounddistributors.com and He got a set for me in four days. Since Eric noticed that I live in Las Vegas and Sounddistributors.com operation is run out of Vegas, he gave me the option to do a local pickup at their warehouse and saved the 40$ shipping costs. Sounddistributors will be getting alot of my business after the pleasant experiance I had purchasing the Take 5.2 set from them. Highly recommend Sounddistributors.com

RussellC

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered them from sounddistributors.com too. They are on the way I can't wait.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i bought a pair of cheap plastic drawer carts from target for my paradigm cinemas. speaker stands are overrated and overpriced.

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
Felix I guess thats Ok if you can live with the way it looks to you in your home. I think speaker stands are overpriced but not overrated.

Russel, The Take 2.2 stands are of good quality and include adjustable carpet spikes to get proper toe in if you need to be that percise in setting up the soundstage. Also to modify a generic set of speaker stands to accept the Take 2.2 will be a real pain in the @ss. Audioexcellance service was good since they shipped next day but the shiping prices are on the high side. I got my stands yesterday and picked up my Take 5.2 set this afternoon. I have a had a long day of assembling the stands and moving furniture around to pull up carpet to hide and cover the rear speaker cables and wiring up the new AV reciever. Thank god all the hard work is done now. Russel I would appreciate if you would keep in contact with me via this message thread, personal message, email, what ever you choose just to share thoughts and tweaks with this speaker set for the next two months since we will be going through the breakin period at the same time. Thanks

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks