What's new

Energy Take 5.2 Owners - A few questions... (1 Viewer)

JosephD

Auditioning
I'm awaiting the arrival of the Take system and I was wondering what you're using for the speaker stands. Did you buy the Take stands or are you using another brand. I've seen these in person and I thought they were pretty cheesy and I've also noticed that everyone sells them for $90.00 a pair while the Energy website indicates the MSRP is only $75.00 a pair. Also what speaker wire and connectors are you using? And lastly are you satisfied with this system overall? Thanks for your help. BTW I'm using a Denon 1803 to drive these.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
I will jump on this one as well I have a set of Take 5 speakers and want to mount to my existing wall brackets simmilar to these Energy Brackets

Two of my 4 holes line up with the 4 holes on the back of the speaker (which are not threaded).

How have people mounted the brackets to the speaker? Just screw into the plastic back of the speaker (in the pre-drilled holes)? Im afraid of messing up my new (used) speakers.

Thanks again everyone

EdNichols

Second Unit
Chris,

I have mounted the Take 5 speakers using the brackets. I don't recall my speakers being threaded either. I took the speaker with me to the hardware store to make sure I got the right size screw. I got self tapping screws and they worked fine. All of the holes on my bracket lined up with the speaker.

Joseph,

I don't use the stands, mine are mounted so I don't know about those. As far as the wires are concerned (and I know many don't agree with this) I went to Lowes and got some 12 ga. speaker wire. It works fine for me. But I am still in the "lower mid-fi" range of equipment. I have heard and read lots on wires and connects. But I am not to that point yet.

God Bless America

Cire

Stunt Coordinator
Hi! I'm using two pairs of stands and I think they're quite effective. Anyway, my main reason for using these is for mobilty since I always experiment on positioning the speakers.

By the way, I got the stands for around 42 dollars/pair.

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
Cire, where did you get the stands for $42/pair. I also have take 5, I am contemplating on two pairs of stands.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
When I got thr system I bought 2 pairs of stands. I liked them because the speakers actually attach to the stands. I dont like speakers to simply rest on top of a stand, it could get knocked off too easily. Plus the stands allow for easy movement.

Marc H

Second Unit
Head's up on the stands; the original Take 5 uses the API-HT3 stands which attach by four screws that go into the four holes on the back of the Take 2 speaker.
The newer Take 5.2 uses a different stand called the Take Stands. Those are more expensive and attach to the speaker by hanging it on the top point of the stand and then you tighten a ring nut to hold it in place.
Plateau makes stands that will fit the old Take speakers too called the TSat-52F. The speakers don't screw to that one but are held to the top plate by two sided sticky rubber bump ons.

Users who are viewing this thread