What's new

Energy Take 5.1- still best value option? (1 Viewer)

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
I've not kept entirely current with all things A/V related. Is the Energy Take 5.1 Classic system still the go-to option for best budget/value 5.1 system? I have a family member that is in dire need of an A/V overhaul and this will fit their budget perfectly.

In addition to replacing speakers, we are getting rid of a 27" tube TV and replacing it with a 48" flat screen, (if this helps with the overall picture ;) )

Are there any other recommendations? I looked at the Monoprice 5.1 system, but it appears to be out of stock for a month or two, and the Energy Take 5 is just a little more. In this case, I'm inclined to go with the name brand and get the Energy set.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The Pioneer SP-22 system is another decent choice (I'd put it above the Energy system).

Also, I don't think Energy is the "name brand" in the Monoprice comparison.

While all are decent and in the same category; my order of preference would be Pioneer, Monoprice, Energy.

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
Thanks for the suggestion. At first glance, it looks like Pioneer is good bit more expensive (50+%) than the other choices. I'm not saying they are expensive in the grand scheme of things, but they appear to be a bit more than the other systems. I

Thanks again for the input.

stereodr

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Energy is definitely the name-brand in this comparison. They're in the business of making speakers and nothing more. There's a reason the Take series has been around as long as it has (closing in on 20 years now). I've owned a few of the different versions, giving my brother my Take 5.2s a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks