What's new

Energy Surround Systems (1 Viewer)

I am looking at purchasing one of the following satellite surround systems for a Yamaha RX-V650 receiver.
1) Energy Take 5+1 (A$1000)
2) Energy Take 5.2
3) Energy Encore (A$1800)

I would love to purchase the Encore system but I am contrained by my lack of money. So my question is whether it worth the extra money compared to the 5.2 or the 5+1 systems.

Also, I know it comes down to getting out there and hearing these systems but I dont have a car and its thus very hard.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
The Encores aren't really all that much bigger than the Take 5.2s, which I have. I believe the woofer is a little bigger, and the cabinet too, but there's going to be little difference sonically between the two since they're satellites and depend mostly on the subwoofer for bass below about 100Hz.

Do you absolutely need it to be that compact? If you can afford the size, I'd almost recomment going with a C1/CC1 front end, then using Take 2.2s for the rears. Going to full size speakers will give you *MUCH* better sonics across the front. I replaced my L/R Take 2.2s with Veritas 2.1...and a midrage I didn't know existed just appeared out of nowhere. Bass definition is much better. The Energy speaker is no slouch, but I'm a fan of running speakers full range and not depending on the sub for bass.

Daman

Second Unit
I would also recommend for that budget have a look at the Connesieur series instead of satellites if space is not an issue.. i have a pair of C1's and absolutely adore them..

Daman

Second Unit
I would also recommend for that budget have a look at the Connesieur series instead of satellites if space is not an issue.. i have a pair of C1's and absolutely adore them..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks