Energy Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Daman, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Daman

Daman Second Unit

Ok,heres the story so far, i had a Polk RM6700 system and was pretty happy with it, i decided to go in for Energy bookshelves for the bedroom with the same reciever. But i didnt have stands to put those on for sometime so i used them in as my HT fronts for 2 odd days,big mistake [​IMG] i am hooked to them now and though Polks sound excellent the sound produced from Energy C1's is large in comparison, i know want to upgrade the rest of speakers too, i was thinking of C-C1 as center channel and 3 more C1's for the back(6.1), is it good option or should i look for other bookshelf models from energy? The Polk would still remain and would probably go in the bedroom.
    Thanks!
    Daman [​IMG]

2. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    If you can afford it (and two channel music is important to you) you might consider a pair of C-3s up front. I gave them serious consideration (my wife found the treble harsh, though, so I went with Boston Acoustics) but the C-3s will have better bass extension than the ones. On the other hand, if you plan to use your sub all the time, crossed at 80hz or higher, there is something to be said for having the same speakers all around, particularly for multichannel audio. For what it's worth, I found the CC-1 matched well with the C-3, so I imagine it would do the same with the C-1s.

Good luck and enjoy!![​IMG]

3. Daman

Daman Second Unit

Thanks a lot Paul,well yes i plan to use the Sub with it all the time, so considering that i gather from your mail that C1's would be a decent choice? Thanks for your inputs!! Also what reciever would you recommend for this setup?