Energy Speaker's

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by david kennedy, Sep 4, 2003.

1. david kennedy

david kennedy Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if anyone has Knowledge of Energy Speakers I would like to know if any of you own a set, if you like them and what model stands out to you. Also if you don't like them please give me a brand that you like. I am just getting into home theater and would appreciate any insight and advice i can get.

2. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Energy Take 5.2s with an H/K 225. Heaven.

When properly setup, these things sound absolutely glorious. Musically they sound very full, with excellent clarity even in their small size. They're good enough to fill a small to medium sized room.

The Encores are bigger Takes essentially.

The Conoisseurs, which I've heard but don't own, are a fantastic music/HT speaker for not too much money...at least here. That might have something to do with the fact that API is half an hour's drive from where I live though, and a local dealer has them for VERY reasonable prices.

3. Kiet_H

Kiet_H Stunt Coordinator

I currently own a set of the C-7's, C-6's, 3.2e, eXL:16's. I have always been a very big Energy fan and love the sound they reproduce. But I have noticed that speakers, like most other components, tend to be very preferential and you should listen to all brands and be your own judge. Here's a link to my systems.. my humble systems

4. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

Hmmm .... Im a dealer of these speakers and I sell a couple different lines ..... I ended up with the Energy Connoisseur's C9'S C5'S C3'S AND S8.2'S. After 6-7 months of demoing them everyday.

Nice laid back spacious sound, deep bass, nice sparkle up top. Aesthetics had a great deal to do with it too.

On top of that they are built well and share a lot of the same traits as the veritas line of speakers.

I can only humbly recommend these as a great caliber speaker in regards to build, value and most importantly sound. There are many great lines like Monitor, Klipsch, KEF etc. etc. BUT REALLY GIVE THEM A LISTEN. I guess the first step is hearing of them, now take the time to listen to them. Have fun!!!

5. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

A lot of companies produce great speakers and Energy is certainly one of them. I've posted several comments on various speakers that we have home demoed over the past few years and some of the Energy lines have been among them. I have a pair of the old JBL L100 speakers from the 70's that are said to be some of the best and are my personal benchmark and I will have to say nothing we've tried has pushed them out of their place. But, I will tell you that some of the Energy lines came close! After demoing some of the older Energy RVS, my son ended up with them as mains and center. They keep sounding better and better as time goes by.
    Recently, I had an opportunity to buy some Energy Veritas on sale as the "i" series had come out and I really do like these speakers. I got the 2.2 and 2.0c. They are very smooth, precise and a little more laid back compared to the older RVS and looks are killer too....
    I am helping a friend do his HT system and Energy Conns are getting the nod there too.
    I must add that I much prefer bookshelfs and let my svs handle the lows.
    As posted above, try to a-b several lines and buy what you like... but beware, most dealers don't have things setup very well sometimes and will do things to make some brand sound better, according to what they want to sell at that moment!
    Good luck... but if you're considering Energy's then you've already had a touch of it........

6. david kennedy

Thank you guys for your insight next week i i'm taking a field trip to "ABT" and i am spending half the day listening to the speakers. I guess what peaked my intrest about the "Energy Speaker's" was the price point and i heard a few good things about them. But i wanted hear from people who own them. Thanks alot guys this forum is great.

7. DarylA

DarylA Agent

I've used Energy for several years and absolutely love them. I'm using the xl series in my HT setup. As mentioned before...heaven! Good luck. I think you hit the nail on the head when you noted the price point.

8. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    I have had the Take 2's, the old Connesuir line and the Vertias line. All very good speakers. Energy makes a good product at a great price.

What price point are you looking at and do you want a floor standing speaker or do you want bookshelf speakers? That makes a difference too.

Jeff

9. Adam_D

Adam_D Stunt Coordinator

i currently own the energy conn C-7's, C-C1, and C-R1's and power them by a sony str-da2es. i can't say a bad thing about them, they sound and look amazing. definatly give them a listen and see what you think.

adam

10. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

11. Gerry S

Gerry S Stunt Coordinator

I'm a big Energy fan. I auditioned the Connoseur line and was very impressed with the sound quality.

I ended up purchasing the Veritas 2.4's, 2.0 Center, and the 2.0 Surrounds. In my opinion, this set provided me the best 5 channel experience I was able to audition.

Have fun listening,

Gerry

12. david kennedy

Hey Jeff i was thinking of getting two floor standings,two book shelf and a center to start with. I wanted to have the stereo for music as well as home theater.

13. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Hey Gerry S,
    Glad to hear you like the Veritas as I have purchased some Veritas 2.2 and 2.0 Center for my Ht sytem. Some real quality looking speakers but I've yet to get to hear them as one of the 2.2 was damaged in shipping (thank you UPS) and is back at the dealer for repair/replacement.
    Noticed you are in Braselton, Ga..... nice area. I lived in Winder for several years, built a home there, and married a Georgia peach .... back in the late 70's .....
    Does Kim Bassinger still own the town..(Braselton)..???